View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

The time difference between the end of a 5GB hard Drive and the Start of it is 1/10000th of a second. so the Time taken to activate your Page file system is the same from where ever it is on the Drive. And remember Hard drives dont work like record players or video Tape just because the display says its at the begining doesnt mean anything. Everything Put into all Computers Hard drives are placed in addresses on the disk not a position. What you see when you get a picture of your hard drive in the defrag picture is just a virtual picture so that your brain can understand what it should look like not the way it really is. so don't try to place things in the drive the way you think they should look because what you may be doing is slowing it down and spreading the imformation into a configeration that in fact May just slow everything down or freeze it up instead. Remember what you consider the front part of the drive may in fact be the middle because the stylas centers the disk as refrence "0" or in our world the begining so in fact it sound like you have placed the pagefile.sys at the true begining not the virtual begining where you are trying so hard to place it.

After 24 years of computer & Electronic repair
I know how everything inside works.
I'm just now learning the launages of computers
and programing, the easy part of computers that
just takes the longest.
But I can tear one completely apart de-solder
every piece and put it all back together again
and it will work. I do it every Day, so as they
say stop beating a dead horse.

[ 04-21-2004, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]