Thread: Free songs.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Arledrian, I really like your sig. Love the font. It's a cool name too.

Ehrys.... if I truly knew the answer..... it's an essay in itself. A loooong story. The other three were brothers, so they keep going. Some time after me, they reformed with another guy and called themselves Invertigo. They had another couple of hits with him. Were bigger than when I was with them. But then I guess the same happened for the singer left before they released their long awaited album. Or something... they had two albums, they decided not to release one and went back in the studio to do another... oh who knows.

The BAND were great. The guys fantastic. I was great great friends with the drummer/writer/programmer Vince Leigh. We have since resolved to the point where six months ago he asked me to sing for them again.

However dealing with the bands management was an incredibly stressful experience. I won't say any more about that.

As for rejoining, I was open, but my life has changed. I don't want to move back to Australia - to Melbourne. I have a world here in NYC, in the Northern hemisphere. I have musical projects I'm working on, the church that I'm helping build. Just not the right time.

I am really glad you guys like the songs. They do nothing sitting unheard. I make music for people to hear and enjoy. I sing not just for myself, but for others. I've long held the idea, that musical talent doesn't just belong to the person it's given to, but to the human society as a whole. That idea compels me to do whatever I can to share what I've been given.

So that's really cool you enjoyed them. I'm gradually putting more and more stuff on my site. There are literally hundreds of songs I've recorded over the years.

http://www.hughwilson.com