Thread: Blown away...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 02:47 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Temple of the Dog is good to, a collaboration between members of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam (another great "grunge" band). Cornell and Vedder are two great voices that go great together. (did I just sound like a commercial?)

Not to mention Audioslave, Cornell's latest stuff with the former RATM- minus Zack whathisname the singer.
Zack De La Rocha [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Eddie Vedder was really pissed off with Temple of the Dog after they cut down his vocals to just one measly song (even though Hunger Strike is an awesome lil' ditty). He originally laid down vocal tracks to most of the songs on the album, but the band (ie: the egocentric Cornell) figured that his deep, resonating tones were too much in contrast to Cornells raspier, higher tunes. But I personally think Cornell just didn't like sharing the frontman limelight. Politics in art... go figure.

Oh, and of course you have great taste Raistlin! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I remember getting a whole bunch of detention when I was 16 for swearing at the Deputy Principal when he told me to shave off my pathetic attempt at growing a Chris Cornell goatee