View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Isn't it sad - they once ruled Europe, brushing away any team that came before them. Imperious, arrogant & fearless.

Now, following their tame 1-1 draw against lowly Leeds United, they sit in 6th place, 28 points behind the mighty Arsenal. A season in ruins, a Champions League spot for next year looking ever more distant. Even the legendary Scouse wit seems to have deserted them, their manager is clueless, their players ordinary.

Whilst Arsenal represent the Rolls Royce of the Premiership and cruise on with the likes of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and Pires, Liverpool are behaving like a rusting old Ford Cortina with players like the Hapless Heskey and the ever dubious Diouf!

How the mighty have fallen, I often look where they are placed and always get a crick in my neck because they are so far down the table.

There have been times when I've felt pity - but 2 seconds later I'm okay.

Does anyone here have a good word for them?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show