View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 06:38 AM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I bought my current system online a little over a year ago. To date, the only problem I've had with it is that the DVD drive has become very picky about what it can or can't read.

For example, I loaded most of my games on this PC using the DVD drive (which made it the default drive the PC used to look for the CD when I played them again). For some reason, the PC wouldn't recognize the CD in many cases (like with BGII). The problem was solved by un-installing the games, then RE-installing them using the CDWR drive. ALL my games work just fine now.

So I apparantly got a defective DVD drive. That bites (a little), but there is a local store I can use to replace it, so it isn't really THAT big of a deal.

However, I WILL use the local store from now own for much the same reason as Paladin. If I DO have a problem with their hardward, their store is on my way to and from work, so I can stop in anytime.