View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 01:37 PM   #9
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Man, this brings back memories. My very first time was in college. I rolled up an Elf Character that was a F/T/MU and made him Chaotic Evil. I didn't have the slighest idea what I was doing. This whole alingment thing, what did I know... Anyway, the DM already had been playing for a number of years prior to when the very first hardbound 1st Edition Rules were published. Our first party encounter was a troll! Needless to say a number of group members "bought the farm" yet somehow I survived.

Well I was so excited I, too, bought the old Basic Set and introduced my brother and friends to the game over the Thanksgiving holiday break and let the Basic Set with my brother. Needless to say, when I got home for Christmas we played it all the time.

My first module was The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun. I loved it! The DM (a different one) at the time was excellent and he knew how to use the World of Greyhawk with great intrigue. I still have my character sheet from those days of long ago. Pencil & Paper D&D literally rules as long as the DM and the other people you are playing with are enjoyable to be around. Nothing beats the fun and interaction you can have.