View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 12:26 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sounds like your system may need a Windows reinstall. First question: Have you done anything new on the system recently? New system settings, new applications, new patches, new hardware, new games, etc.? They're most like to mess something up.

Running ME is a different issue entirely, but I'll leave that alone [img]smile.gif[/img]

The next step I'd do is to find a geek friend who loves challenges. 'Cause that's what's up next. Something's causing it to go haywire, and fixing that will take care of the problem. Finding it... that's another question.

You may be in line for a system reinstall -- reinstalling ME over the existing installation and telling it to revert things back to normal. Downside is you'll have to reset your preferences in a number of areas, but that's less of an issue than losing everything.

Worst case, you may be in for a format and reinstall. This will be less of a problem since you can get in in safe mode; you can back up your important data, files, and so on so you can bring them back later.

So, the short answer... look for any recent changes (and consider backing them out), and be prepared for a reinstall.

Good luck....
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.