Thread: BORING!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hopefully there aren't videos in this training mix, or it could get really nasty

I'd fast forward as much as possible, and keep something else going in the background. Say, that term paper that needs to be completed... that would be working on both classes, wouldn't it?
Actually, each one of the lessons is an interactive video (has audio, animation on the screen, and you click on stuff when they ask you to). In other words, it goes into a narrative about what the Back button does on your browser, has a sample screen out there with stuff lighting up while it talks, then asks you to push the Back key on the sample screen.

No term paper in this class; you just have to take the tests (and by the new legislation in place, you must pass each and every section with a 70% or higher or you fail the entire course; I guess that's why they make you do all of the modules first). In my Corporate Tax class, that is another story. We have to do a sample corporation's tax returns, including how to "optimize" their deductions (i.e. save them the most money).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin