View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey all! As many of you know, my honey and I are tying the knot this spring and I'm looking for insights and ideas-- your experiences at receptions or weddings.

What were the best things you remember from your own ceremony or reception and how about others? Was there anything that someone did at their reception that made it especially fun/romantic/memorable to you as a guest?

What sort of things made it memorable in a bad way or at least something you'd not like to do or experience too often! Like did you have to sit at the kiddie table or were there too many slow dances not enough fast or whatever. Anythng that you'd have changed if you could.Did you like the seating arrangements, if not, why not?

How about the favors or decorations? The music/dj/band?

Ok, I could go on forever but that's the general idea!

I know that I had a blast at the wedding of one of my bridesmaids and a large part of that was due to her thoughtfully seating me at a table with a few people who were 'chatty' and fun that I could talk to even though I didn't know anyone but the couple getting married and one other friend who attended. Plus her dj was great! Played a good mix and got people involved.

My brother's wedding, by contrast...awful from start to finish! Things took forever in the ceremony (at one point they spent nearly 20 minutes trying to light ONE candle!) and the food was horrid- the chicken was still partially raw and/or frozen when they served it. YUK! Let me tell you, I hardly remember anything but the bad stuff there and want to be sure my own reception is a nicer experience for my family and friends! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-06-2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]