View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
Nerull
Lord Ao

Mad

Both games today were good in my book. I was not too interested in Baltimore v.s. Tennessee (I can't say I follow, like, or dislike either team), but it was a really good game. Tennessee's defense won that game for them; they really locked down Jamal Lewis.

I am so glad Dallas lost; I cannot stand the Cowboys (it's worse that I live in Cowboys country, and have to watch them every single week). I never thought I would see the day that Fox outcoached Parcells. Not a single penalty or turnover by the Panthers, and 104.5 passer rating by the QB. A good old fashioned butt-whipping.

The Colts v.s. Broncos should be a good game. However, I think Denver will end up winning; a good running game and a solid defense will keep Peyton Manning tied up. If the Colts win, they go to Kansas City, which would be a great shootout, and Tennessee would go to New England (good matchup). However, if the Broncos win, they end up going to New England (that would be a good defensive headknocker!), while Tennessee would go to Kansas City. Good matchups, either way.

The Seattle v.s. Green Bay game is not all that great IMHO. Seattle has won all of two games on the road this season, and going to play Green Bay on the "Frozen Tundra" is going to be asking just too much from them. I'm not quite sure, but I think the winner gets Philadelphia (GO EAGLES!); both have good running backs, and Philly has trouble stopping the run, so should be an interesting matchup either way. That would mean that Carolina is going to St. Louis next week. Can Carolina's defense and running game slow things down enough to keep them in the game against St. Louis? I wouldn't put money on it.

Looks to be a good set of games this year!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin