View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 12:45 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
If we're gonna show off about soccer, then I've even got a better story than you do, Xen. Imagine a hockey field (artificial grass) and two little goals (approx. 50 centimeters high, and 60 centimeters wide. A field of 12 meters by 8 meters, and 2 vs 2 players. Every time the ball goes between your legs, you are out and it's 1 vs 2. Imagine me meeting a guy I've never seen before, and playing together on that pitch is just magic.
We did every cool technical move together, and most of the time it worked. Then we ended up against the two best players who were there, and he got the ball kicked through his legs, so he was out. As I was in possession, suffice to say, I immediately responded by making a diversion and kicking the ball between one of the opponents legs. So it was 1 vs 1 now.
I gained possession, and tried to outrun him, but to no avail. I was now with my back to the goal in the left most corner of the field. A no-win situation, I admit it.
-------goal------
| xy
|
|
|
|
-------goal------

In the drawing x is me and y is my opponent. What I did was make a Zidane kinda move (difficult to explain, but you use your body to shield an opponent from the ball; put your right foot on the ball, then turn counter clockwise draggin the ball with you, then you put your left foot on the ball, rotating further and taking the ball with you again). So I did that, to no obvious effect, but he followed me, and immediately after the move, I used my heel to kick the ball between his legs in the goal. It was my moment of glory of that day.
Cool! Oh and I know the Zidane move. It is a classic! [img]smile.gif[/img]