View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 10:51 AM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am not going to be really picky with you page because it is your page.

However I do recommend placing the following in your body tag.

LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0"

This will tighten up your page.

There is an advantage and disadvantage to style sheets. The advantage is everyone sees your page as it was meant to be seen. They cannot go into there browser and adjust default font and sizes. Which may throw your page off a little. The disadvantage is well the same thing, some users may be more comfortable reading large fonts so they come to your page and will have a hard time reading the font size because they forgot there glasses, then they try and increase the size from within there browser and the font is still the same size. Style sheets are a judgment call in this regard and takes away the control the user has in viewing your page but this is why I like them.

In your very first table which I believe every thing is in. I would recommend
setting WIDTH="100%" and removing the Height tag all together. This would allow for the removal of the bottom scroll bar on most settings. I believe your design is for 800X600 (Good stuff) but the user sometimes adjust the window with less then that. The bottom scroll bar (evil thing) will stay removed until things start really scrunching up. Height for the main table is not important because it will adjust itself accordingly.

[ 11-27-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]