View Single Post
Old 11-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #36
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:

No, lets definitely not open that can of worms again, its depressing and absolutely unwanted. People come here for fun and relaxation and to read about what you need to do to get banned or whatever, it's pretty self-explanatory. We really don't want a repetition of the flamewars of last year.
Next week I will have been here a year but I do not remember any flame wars.

LINK what a great post, good on you [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

About feeding the troll. A few months ago we had an Australian member who went off the rails and started the slippy ride into oblivion. I tried to talk to him and get him to stop and rethink, hopeing because it was night time in USA the board was quiet and he may have been able to delete his posts and go and cool off, all to no avail. Should you try to talk to them or let them burn out like a candle? Maybe I was feeding him? I had only chatted to him a few times before but felt as though I should try something. Advice please

edit spelling
[/QUOTE]
Oops, my bad, I checked and they weren't indeed flamewars, but they were quite on the negative side.

Here & here .....

Somehow the word flamewar was stuck in my head when I thought about those threads. They were really depressing and made some members leave. It got out of hand really.