View Single Post
Old 11-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

I don't mind you asking, Bozos. It's not that I'm proud of my behaviour concerning the ban or something like it (on the contrary!) that I posted that I was the first to be 'unbanned'. It was just that since then the 'suspension' idea came through (which was used a couple of times).

I was banned simply because I was being rude to Ziroc. It was in the time that the Roleplaying Forum was still relatively new, and I had started a thread entitled "The Sniggering Lions -- The Lair" or something close. It was about a new clan called the Sniggering Lions whose duty it was to bring back laughter to Ironworks. The name "Sniggering Lions" derives from another clan called the "Laughing Hyena's".

The thread itself was nothing special: we were just posting, frolicking around, but not much roleplaying was done in it. Larry objected to this by saying that if we didn't start roleplaying soon, he'd have to lock the thread and move it. I was like: "hey hang on, I thought the roleplaying board was for all the clans out there", but that apparently was not the case. The 'dispute' was settled eventually, but Ziroc decided that we still weren't roleplaying, so he deleted the thread.
I was really pissed off (that was the teenage lad in me) because he had deleted it, and not just moved it. I started a topic called "On maturity" in which I 'thanked' Ziroc for deleting the thread. Add some angry smilies and you've got yourself a downright insult to the moderator.
Instead of taking the topic down again, as A LOT of members suggested I did before Ziroc came to read it, I let it stay and Ziroc eventually read it, deleted it and banned me from Ironworks, which was his given right to do. I absolutely hold no grudge to him for that, because now I understand that I was indeed the one who was wrong back then.

OK. Some four months later, due to mainly Sazerac, Memnoch and Cloudy (the mods) and some members (Azurewolf, Hiram Sedai etc.) Ziroc eventually lifted the ban, stole me 500 posts (and I was just out of Emerald Dragon hell, so I've been in far deeper than any of you ).

Hope that cleared things up. [img]smile.gif[/img] Just don't hope I'm opening a can of worms here. Remember that the mods and Ziroc are justified to do such things, and usually they are right, even if they seem biased to you.