View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 07:07 PM   #38
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
Hardware tests were made about what happens if you add RAM.

From 128Mb to 256Mb --> approx 50% more speed
From 256Mb to 512Mb --> 5-6%
512Mb to 1024Mb --> 2%

Depends of the setup and what you´re using it for, but the test was very diverse.

I upgraded from 256Mb to 512Mb and didn´t really notice improvement.
What was the hardware test? I ask since this kind of benchmark is going to be effect greatly by number of programs loaded and how much multi-tasking you are doing.

For example, if you try and run VMWare with less then a Gig forget it. VMWare is a product that allows you to build virtual computers within your own. It's great for testing networking, new OS's, etc...
[/QUOTE]Yea there are certainly programs like that, and almost any heavy graphic program will get a 256mb, or a 512mb pc down. I cannot find the url right now, but it seemed professional. [img]smile.gif[/img] Like any hardware test. If you have a home pc for playing and surfing in a light use which also runs ok, then there´s no point to upgrade.

You can find some of the tests by searching from Google, then you guys can prove me wrong.