View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
IR, I don't think Davros meant anything derogatory by his comment. I think it was merely that his friend was American and didn't know anything about Bali, which caused him to wonder about other Americans since he had evidence of one being unaware. I think it's generally more pleasant to assume the best and that people don't have ulterior motives, than to wonder if they do. At the very least I avoid having to defend myself all the time [img]smile.gif[/img] . I also think that bickering over what people might have meant or inferred or who they might have been generalising about isn't really appropriate in this thread.

I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the responses as well. I'm sure that other countries aren't getting quite the coverage as we are getting, as Bali is very close to Australia and we made up the lion's share of foreign casualties, however this was a world event and I would have expected that it would have mentioned at least a bit. For example I heard on the radio the other day about British anger over the shabby way the government has treated the victims and their families since the bombing. Still, caring and acknowledging these things isn't only achieved by posting on a thread on a gaming board [img]smile.gif[/img]