View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 05:17 PM   #19
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ah, I am both saddened and pleased at once that one should draw this conclusion. For you see, this shows more plainly than any other response the need for further education regarding the visions of the T3.

What we seek to fight is not the position of trousers as a garment for men, nor women for that matter. Indeed, under certain (rare) circumstances, one might state that a pair of trousers are better suited for that certain task and/or environment. I cannot think of any examples off-hand, but it is quite possible.
Furthermore, our aim is not to see all men, everywhere, walk around in kilts, all the time. Unlike those masterminds behind the thrice cursed Trouser Tyranny, we do not seek to force anyone to wear a specific type of clothing. Indeed, the opposite is much closer to the truth.
The T3 and followers thereof strive to do but one thing, and one thing only. And that is to free mankind of the notion that the only proper clothing for men has to include a pair of trousers.

How many of you have even considered wearing a masculine unbifurcated garment such as the kilt? Indeed, that number alone should be proof enough that something is horribly wrong, that we are being tricked into trousers whether we want to or not, that, in truth, we have no choice in how we clothe ourselves?
I shall not tread into details here, for this is neither the place nor the time for this (although the time is drawing near). Suffice it to say that nearly all of you are slaves under the yoke of the Trouser Tyranny. But soon, if you are willing, you too will be saved. Then you are free to wear what you choose, bifurcated or not, and free to liberate others.

My wearing trousers in this event is a display of nothing more than my freedom, for where you are bound to trousers, I am not so a slave of my kilt (even though that is always preferable to your own situation). I believe that of all the many clans, Clan Hay has found the right words when they say "Keep the yoke". I do not want it.
Thank you. *steps from soapbox*

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!