View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 08:41 PM   #19
IAmThumper
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
The best multipliers and dividers I have ever known where adults who play games (darts) and judging by the low standard of maths skills displayed by many sales people working without a wizzbang till, they should make D&D compulsory. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Quote " Which would you consider more grown up playing cards or emulating seven year olds slaying dragons."

Who cares if you think I’m being a seven year old. I wish my old group of mates could gather around to loose ourselves in our imaginations again. One look at the evening news is surely enough reason to treat yourself to a few hours away from reality. One day you will be old enough and less *cool* enough to understand
Oh man I can't stop laughing. I am sooooo NOT *cool*. Ah man my sides hurt. I am so not impressed with people that can multiply and divide either. I mean anyone can do it and half of them are using a calculator to do it.
Okay okay calm down and take a deep breath. I'm not saying you can't play the game I'm just explaining why its obvious how it gets a bad rap.
I've actually thought about taking it up again. I would but I have never been able to find a good group.
Thanks for the history Cerek the Barbaric. I thought it was awful when Gary Gygax left AD&D. I liked his books. I can't remember was he forced out or did he get fed up and quit? It was something like that wasn't it? (Eek I'm showing my age!)