View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Just had to post a thread with this title to poke my good mate Donut into reply [img]smile.gif[/img] .

No - I do not want any spoilers thank you, and yes, I know it is the wrong forum - but then again I am not really asking the question as the topic title suggests.

I came to IW from the "other side" - back on the old days you played Wizards and Warriors or you played Baldurs Gate. Only in the very rare circumstance would the twain agree on anything. Your game has no depth, your game has the stupid look down god view, your game is boring, your game ..... ad infinitum.

Back in those days I came from the W&W side, and BG was boring and not first person and just not cool with all the people I talked to at IW. Oh I tried - I really did - I bought BGI and after persisting through about 5 chapters I gave up in apathy just as I reached the town of Baldurs Gate.

Then came GD, and eventual exposure to the "dark side" of the forum [img]smile.gif[/img] . I have made lots of friends from the dark side, but after my BGI experiences have never been even slightly tempted to pick up BGII.

A few months back I looked about for the Tribunal expansion for Morrowind, but couldn't find it anywhere in the shops. That is, I couldn't find it on it's own - they were always wanting to sell a pack with the original game which I alread had. It got to the stage that I even considered plucking BGII from the bargain barrel to take my mind off things, but fortunately I wasn't that desperate [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Then a good friend by the name of Charlie (he of the famous "Shoppe of Shite" fame) came to the rescue. He mentioned that he had a software shop opening near him and he culd get a two for one offer - Tribunal and BGII (with TOB) for no extra cost. Wanting to get my hands on Tribunal I thinked him profusely for his kind offer. Since the package has arrived I have been playing BGII, and Tribunal still sits on the shelf waiting. I have to admit after all these years that BGII is a pretty good game, and that it is light years ahead of BGI.

So now I have reached the long awaited battle with his lichness Kangaax. I am told he is hard to kill apparently . I had my first go just now, and the score is Kangaax 1 - Davros nil. Well playing away is always tough - but if it bleeds I can kill it [img]smile.gif[/img]