Thread: germany
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #19
GForce

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
Could be Frankfurt, Ramstein, a lot of places. I used to live in Germany. Back then there we tons of military bases, though they've been drawing down recently, my advice is that, if you can afford it, live off base in a nice German house [img]tongue.gif[/img] I know back then you could get a brand new BMW for real cheap, but that was before the Euro and the Deutchmark was very weak...
Dude, how old are you ? The Euro has never really been weak, and has had a higher value then the US dollar for almost two years now. And the Deutschmark, well, there hasn't been a more stable currency in Europe over the past 40 or so years. The reason why a BMW is so cheap there, is because they make the friggin cars. But wait and see what happens at customs, when you try to take the car home with you. [/QUOTE]Deathkiller must be same age as me. I was stationed in Schweinfurt and things were cheap so that one could buy a BMW or Mercedes. But yeah they do charge alot for shipping them back. Best to just sell it before coming back stateside.

BTW Dizzy ... make sure to go touring, not just Germany but also the neighboring countries such as Spain and Switzerland. Spain is just a party town IMO. What a sight Europe is. Take along a camera, a warm coat, and an umbrella wherever you go.