View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #7
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Just out of curiosity, have you even tried to understand what it is about gay marriage that the "repugs" are worried about? Do you ascribe it to plain and simple bigotry? or perhaps maybe they are looking at a deeper issue?
Im just curious what you think.

Personally I am against gay "marriages" but not against gay relationships [img]smile.gif[/img] Im not a repug but am a Conservative. I understand where some of the people are coming from and what they are trying to prevent. I also believe that they are trying to maintain the greater good as they see it.
MagiK - could you expand on these deeper issues and what the Repubs are trying to prevent? I would be very interested in hearing what they are. I agree that it is more than just simple bigotry. Disapproval or a moral objection to homosexuality (or any other sexual immorality) is not the same as being bigoted towards it.

So I would like to know what other issues are involved and how they affect the Repub (or Conservative) POV.