Old 06-17-2003, 08:12 PM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I am renting Matrix right now, and MY GOD, this game is so polished! I bet it took over a year or 2 to make it.. There are clips from the 3rd movie in it even! REAL Live video, not just rendered cutscenes.

AWESOME fight scenes..
I own X-box. My old N64 is on loan (permanent, most likely) to my sister.

I bought The Matrix this weekend, and oh my frikkin gosh. There is just nothing like taking on a team of swat officers with MP5s in slow motion. Yes, there could be more detailed move executions, and the second analog stick should have been used to free up turning direction from movement as most games (like Halo and MOHF) do, rather than simply using the stick as a scoping button and relegating the all important side-stepping to a "strafe" button. But the intuitive control is amazing and the game is just so much frikkin eye candy.

Z, if you aren't there yet, there is simply nothing like taking down vampires in the Merovingian's basement. Staking them in mid-air and everything. Way cool. Or rushing through the freeway chase to be there when Morpheus falls off the 18 Wheeler where he's fighting the agent.

Unless you are further than I am, Ziroc, those are not scenes from the 3rd movie we're seeing but rather additional footage shot just for the game.

I'm playing through first as Niobe, but I might stop before the end and play as Ghost, just to get both sides of the story to this point.

Another Recommendation: I don't know if this game is X-box only (I don't think so), but DESERT STORM is very good. You control a squad of 4 guys -- very nice.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I just read about the added scenes.. THAT is cool, it feels like you are in the world, and on a different path.

I just finished the Nuke plant (Using Ghost). Damn, that took a long time.. Now, I'm flying through the tunnels with those robot things chasing me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The LONGEST areas were the Sewers and the Nuke plant. UGH! [img]smile.gif[/img] But you're right, that Grand Stairway area was AWESOME! The 3d Modeling was stunning. The suns rays shining in... and those vampire freaks laughing at you and running at ya! [img]smile.gif[/img] A really fun game!