View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 07:40 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
At the risk of stirring the pot, I always go back to that story of him and his parents heading into town one day, when he was about thirteen or so, and he just ups and takes off!! No "hey, I wanna go with Lumpy and Eddie", no "I'm headin' over to my other dad's place" or anything like that.

And when they find him in the temple, he acts like they should have known all along where he would be.

Now, I've gotta tell you, that if my kids pull something like that, I will call up TL to find a way to get that converted over from "not paying attention" to "disrespecting your parents", which really sounds like a violation of that "honor thy mother and father" rule.

So, is that a sin?
Heeey, don't get me involved. The last guy who prosecuted Jesu Christi wound up with a bad reputation for all eternity. [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]

In his defense, I'll say that the first time a kid does something like this, you correct them. Once they KNOW, then afterword its disobedience.

Of course, for me Jesus was a great prophet who changed the world. Like many great men (or memorable men), his deeds have grown to mythic proportions. But, in the end, like all of us, only human.

[ 06-16-2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]