Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thief tricked by David Copperfield pleads guilty (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96821)

VulcanRider 11-10-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) -- One of three teenagers charged with attempting to rob illusionist David Copperfield as he left a performance has pleaded guilty.

Terrance Riley, 17, was sentenced Thursday to two years in prison for three counts of robbery with a weapon and one count of attempted robbery. He will be housed with other inmates under the age of 21.

Circuit Judge Edward Garrison also ordered Riley to testify against his two co-defendants, his brother Dwayne Riley, 18, and Markeith Jones, 17.

Copperfield, 50, and two female assistants were walking from the Kravis Center to their tour bus when they were approached by the teens April 23. The assistants handed over money and a cellphone, but the illusionist turned his pockets inside out to reveal nothing, although he was carrying his passport, wallet and cell phone.

"He said in depositions that he had things on him, but it wasn't difficult to make it seem like there was nothing there," prosecutor Sherri Collins said.

"Terrance was remorseful for what occurred, has told the truth about his involvement and would like everything to disappear," said his attorney, Franklin Prince. Prince said Riley hopes to finish high school behind bars.
Here's the link but that was the whole article.

That's great! "Nothing in my pockets, nothing up my sleeves, or in my hat, or..."

Havock 11-10-2006 12:38 PM

If he was gangster, like David Blaine, he would have robbed the robbers without them knowing it. A little bit of pick pocketing the pick pockets.

Illumina Drathiran'ar 11-10-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Havock:
If he was gangster, like David Blaine, he would have robbed the robbers without them knowing it. A little bit of pick pocketing the pick pockets.
That's what I was hoping for, too, but I guess this is entertaining enough.

Bungleau 11-10-2006 03:39 PM

Gotta love this line from the guilty...

Quote:

"Terrance was remorseful for what occurred, has told the truth about his involvement and would like everything to disappear," said his attorney, Franklin Prince. Prince said Riley hopes to finish high school behind bars.

Of *COURSE* he wishes the whole thing would disappear! Doesn't *EVERYONE* with a criminal record wish the record would disappear?

Kudos to Copperfield, though... I guess it shows how much it pays to practice your close-up magic skills :D

Illumina Drathiran'ar 11-10-2006 05:38 PM

Just his luck that he pissed off the one man in the world that could make a criminal record disappear.

shadowhound 11-10-2006 07:27 PM

"Criminal dissapears from prison, nothing found."
Copperfield's revenge? :D