Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   NBA playoffs (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95126)

johnny 05-02-2006 11:34 AM

Anyone keeping track ?

Personally i'd like to see how far Cleveland goes, James seems to become better every game. The Spurs-Kings matchup is still wide open, much to my surprise, and so is the Heat-Bulls matchup. But the biggest upset might be from the Suns-Lakers matchup, in which the Lakers are about to eliminate the Suns, and i guess nobody saw that coming.

Bahamut 05-02-2006 12:10 PM

Well... everybody knows if Kobe learns to trust his teammates more, they have a chance.

And he did.

Tsktsktsk.

I hope Cleveland wins, but Washington deserves it as much as they do, and I am cheering for the Bulls :D Everyone knows Miami has problems, and with Chicago winning two straight means there's something that needs to be fixed, fast.

Balintherlas 05-02-2006 09:35 PM

Cavs all the way, and Lebron should get the MVP, no one else could have gone to Cleveland this year and got them in the playoffs. Although this is turning out to be a good series against the Wizards, im not sure if the cavs will advance.

True_Moose 05-03-2006 03:20 AM

I didn't buy all the hype about LeBron pre-draft. But wow, does he prove me wrong at every turn. Apparently, he's a pretty damn decent guy as well. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Phoenix is still alive, come on Nash! Not like I can cheer for the Raptors. :rolleyes:

Balintherlas 05-03-2006 10:04 PM

Too bad Lebron has a kid that he has to worry about now.

True_Moose 05-04-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Balintherlas:
That's basic NBA rookie initiation. ;) :D

johnny 05-04-2006 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Balintherlas:
Shawn Kemp had at a certain point a few dozen kids on his mind, all from different women too, who were all after his salary, but that didn't stop him from reaching the finals with the Sonics. :D

Well, Lebron is one win away from reaching the second round of the playoffs, in which he'll have to face the Pistons, and i'm afraid that foe is a bit too much for him right now.

johnny 05-05-2006 01:09 PM

Surprise surprise....the Suns are back in business. I'd given up hope on them after falling behind 3-1 against LA. They saved the best for last i guess. :D

Must have been a good game that last one, too bad the TV here completely ignores the playoffs untill the finals. :rolleyes:

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 05-05-2006 01:51 PM

yeah take it from a native clevelander who has watched about 98% of Cavs games the past three years, James does get better every game he plays. its absolutely ludicrous how good he is already at such a young age. i think Cleveland is going to win it tonight, and close out the series. we'll have some trouble with detroit though. . .

Memnoch 05-07-2006 07:39 PM

I saw the Lakers get dumped by the Suns last night. Steve Nash is a special player, particularly if you look at how he's developed since an inauspicious debut. The Suns will need him to get over his ankle injury quickly. In Game 7 it was the amplified Suns (ie the Suns with their abilities amplified by Nash's skills) vs Kobe Bryant and the Seven Dwarfs. Kobe scored 23 of his 24 points in the 1st half. He scored 1 point in the 3rd and was scoreless after that. He only took 3 shots in the 2nd half. Apparently it was a "silent" protest at his team's ineptitude at not executing what would've been a gamewinning play in the 6th game, and their continuing ineptitude at missing shots in this game.