Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Russian Pack of Squirrels Kill Dog (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94554)

armageddon272 12-01-2005 11:06 PM

Original Story

Quote:

Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.

Passers-by were reportedly too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.

They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.

A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.

The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.

A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say.

"They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

"When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."

Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.

While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing at a dog to death was "absurd".

"If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.

Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.

A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year.

"The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he said.

If I ever go back there, I'm making sure not to walk on less crowded streets.

Spirits Reborn 12-01-2005 11:16 PM

Dayyyam. that's scary..

never gonna mess with squirrels again.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

SecretMaster 12-02-2005 01:04 AM

The revenge of the squirrels officially began December 1st 2005. I've been saying it for years yet no one has been listening.

Gimli 12-02-2005 08:20 AM

Dire Squirrels?

johnny 12-02-2005 09:30 AM

Ah well, i'm not that easily shocked anymore. Once you've seen killer tomatoes, you've seen em all. :D

Black Knight 12-02-2005 01:53 PM

Hmmm...wonder what the attack strength of a squirel would be --- do they get missle attacks...Pluses for group attacks, obviously...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

BK

Black Knight 12-02-2005 01:55 PM

Ooooorrr....

I guess it is now a squirrel eat dog world...

I'm embarrassed that I even typed that...sigh...

=-)

Cloudbringer 12-02-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Black Knight:
Ooooorrr....

I guess it is now a squirrel eat dog world...

I'm embarrassed that I even typed that...sigh...

=-)

*smothers a giggle and pretends she didn't see this post* [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tree rats with +5 teeth...ugh...!

Sir Degrader 12-02-2005 06:42 PM

Well thats it, on behalf of dog lovers everywhere, I'm declaring a jihad. Death to the squirrels!

Kakero 12-02-2005 09:23 PM

First dog, next humans ?