Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Oh Why lord Why.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9315)

SoLsTiZe 08-29-2002 06:35 PM

I keep gettin killed and badly at that... I am in chapter 2 and I am just about to battle with firekrag at least I think I am not sure totally coz I can't get passed the stupid vampires! just as you turn eastwards after being shot at by orcs or summit behind secret doors... I hope u know where I mean... anyway they keep killing my characters is one shot... is there anything I can do to stop this... I have only beaten them once and I lost Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo from my party then I got killed by shadow wraiths! anyone any ideas on how to do this?

Lord Lothar 08-29-2002 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SoLsTiZe:
I keep gettin killed and badly at that... I am in chapter 2 and I am just about to battle with firekrag at least I think I am not sure totally coz I can't get passed the stupid vampires! just as you turn eastwards after being shot at by orcs or summit behind secret doors... I hope u know where I mean... anyway they keep killing my characters is one shot... is there anything I can do to stop this... I have only beaten them once and I lost Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo from my party then I got killed by shadow wraiths! anyone any ideas on how to do this?
Welcome to Ironworks Solstize!

I know where you are. What i usually do is summon a skeleton or something and send it in the room of vampires to distract them and then cast sunray with the Daystar sword.

PAPS 08-29-2002 07:04 PM

It sounds to me like you may not be high enough in character level to attempt the Firkragg dungeon yet. Maybe, go back out and do other quests to gain experience before attempting that Frikragg dungeon. If you are losing 4 characters on fights before you even reach Firkragg's lair... then you are not high enough in level yet for that dungeon.

pcgiant 08-29-2002 07:07 PM

You could try turning undead... with an invisible cleric.
Failing that, have Negative Plane protection on your character, and some spells that are good vs undead.
Daystar (found in the City Gates district behind a secret door in the Crooked Crane) should also help a lot. Failing that, level up some more.
Hope this helps.

pcgiant 08-29-2002 07:09 PM

Oh, I almost forgot, Welcome to IW!

Mack_Attack 08-29-2002 07:13 PM

Well there is some items out there that can help you against the level drain, what can be a real pain in the butt. If you take the shawdow theives route there is a amulet that you get that will help against the Vamps. And you can always cast Negative plane protection a 4th level spell.

Give a list of your charcters(all of them)and there level then more help can be on the way.

There is always cheat ways to get around the dragon. But some people do not cheat.

pcgiant 08-29-2002 07:20 PM

Perhaps Yoshimo's set special snare ability may help you do a little damage, if you lured them one at a time into a room. Do this by having only one see you, then running away. I'm not sure how effective this would be, but at least it would add some additional damage. Having Minsc go berserk may help and may give level drain protection... can anyone confirm this?

Mack_Attack 08-29-2002 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by pcgiant:
Perhaps Yoshimo's set special snare ability may help you do a little damage, if you lured them one at a time into a room. Do this by having only one see you, then running away. I'm not sure how effective this would be, but at least it would add some additional damage. Having Minsc go berserk may help and may give level drain protection... can anyone confirm this?
Minisc does not have protection. Only Barbarian rage does. The Barbarian rage is much better.

pcgiant 08-29-2002 07:26 PM

OK, thanks.
As Mack_Attack said, we could help more if we had a list of characters and levels.