Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   RC boat and Amateur/CB radio equipment for sale! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91307)

Sir Kenyth 08-13-2004 10:27 AM

I made mention of it a little while ago, but I'm starting to sell off some of my other hobby gear to finance brewing gear! I'm going to offer a few choice items in my favorite forums just to avoid the Ebay rip-off and give trusted groups first pick.

The first item is a nitro powered RC air boat, working and in good condition. It's red and has a sizable plane motor to power it. It comes with a two channel Futaba stick radio and two spare props painted to match. This baby is about two feet long and it moves! I also have a fuel pump to fill the tank, the electric starter and a mini 12V battery. For just the boat and radio gear I'm asking $150. The fuel pump, starter motor and battery will be an extra $50. The reason I'm seperating the stuff is that current hobbyists may already have the equipment for other vehicles. Please ask if you want details.

New, all this stuff would run $400 easy!

------------------------------------------

I also have an Interceptor Power Pro RX AC radio base amplfier by Ken-Tron I fixed just laying around. I bought it cheap to practice electronics troubleshooting. It's in good cosmetic condition and clean. The only problem it had was the keying transistor had a lead that was broken and the wall power cord was frayed and shorting. Talk about an easy repair! I soldered the transistor and put in a new AC power cord. The panel meter does not work also. I used an external meter, so that wasn't important for me at the time. I didn't have a spare panel meter that would fit, so I didn't bother looking for one. An easy fix if you get a new meter. The amp itself works fine and does about 150 Watts. It also has a receive pre-amplifier and SSB delay. Like most tube amps, you can push it though. I have extra 6LQ6 tubes for it also, but these will be extra. I take paypal bank transfer, but no credit cards because I only have a standard user account. Make a couple of offers! I have an ebay account if someone wants to check feedback. I will give pics to serious offers.

I also have a nice little mobile Comanche 10/11/12 meter AM/FM rig. 6 bands of 40 channels, with band "C" being for CB. In almost perfect cosmetic condition. It has a 40 channel scan function for the band you are on. It does only 4 Watts. Good audio quality! It is quite compact. About the size of a small CB. I did a lot of 9-15 hour road trips in the military going home on leave and had limited space in the car. I already had a 2 meter rig. I used it as a muti band receiver mostly on CB to monitor speed traps and listen to 10 Meter chat when I got bored late at night. I've found some unusual and interesting transmissions on those trips! Once, I found a pirate radio show! I will give pics to serious offers.

The reason I am putting stuff on here first is that Ebay is getting a little greedy IMHO. With listing and selling fees, I'll lose a substantial amount. If you're wondering, that's why prices are going up on Ebay.

The buyer will be responsible for shipping costs. I will estimate as close as possible. If you don't want shipping insurance, shipping damage is on you. I will send it well packed in a second hand box. I will not ship until payment is made in full.

I want to add that, given the age of this and nearly all tube amps, and given that I don't possess diagnostic equipment, I can't guarantee that these tubes don't need conditioning or replacement for optimal performance. All I know is the amp works, got a good signal report, it tunes OK, and the pre-amp works. A friend with a wattmeter said it was putting out between 120-150 watts depending on input. This was four years back. It has been in storage since. I will put the spare tubes up for sale as soon as the amp goes, or you can ask to buy them with the amp. If I have to keep the amp I want to keep the tubes, just in case.

I'm estimating that I want about $70 each for the radio or the amp. I figure this is a good deal considering new transistor amps are about $100 and you need an expensive power supply. New export radios start at $130 low end.

I should mention that Ironworks cannot be held responsible for personal dealings between people. I am willing to send whatever it takes to convince potential buyers that I'm on the level. So, don't be shy to ask for info.

Sir Kenyth 08-17-2004 09:40 AM

OK, one more run through the first page before I give up! ;)

Sir Kenyth 08-17-2004 06:45 PM

Perhaps the wrong forum for such things,eh? :D

Oh well, I'll just let it die I guess.

Here's some pics, just in case.

Pictures!

username: kfroehlke

password: password

Sir Kenyth 08-19-2004 04:47 PM

I have committed to sell the amplifier to a buyer. It is no longer available unless the deal falls through.

Sir Kenyth 08-23-2004 10:21 AM

Last bump. After this week I put it on Ebay.