Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It's the end of life as you know it... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91270)

Ilander 08-09-2004 12:23 PM

I'm going to the University of Kentucky here in a scant week and a half...and I'll be kind of on my own, which is a big change for 18 year old me...who else is expecting big changes in their life pretty soon? Who else wishes they had big changes in thier life?

Feel free to post anything! "Big" is defined in different ways for everybody!

Dreamer128 08-09-2004 12:42 PM

Don't worry about it. I moved out a year ago, and it's not as bad as one would fear. Take some time to hook up with people at your Uni, and you're in for a great time [img]smile.gif[/img]

LordKathen 08-09-2004 12:44 PM

<font color=lime>Well, I am not a Taxi Driver anymore, as a matter of fact I am now a bonafide Mr.Mom. My condition has takin some steps for the worse and I am applying for disability and will be going to college, probly in the mental health field. Well that about does it for now, Ill let you know if anything else comes up. ;) </font>

Ilander 08-09-2004 12:49 PM

Sounds like a bit of a struggle, LordK...I wish you luck in it...but more importantly, I wish you some strength, mental and physical...kids are rough!

Oh, and I was planning on being in some clubs and stuff, Dreamer...sooo...it's not gonna be that bad...

Cloudbringer 08-09-2004 01:26 PM

College/University is a pretty exciting thing, Ilander! I know I was nervous when I moved out and started my university days but it's also an adventure. You get to develop skills for living on your own, meet new people, learn tolerance for ideas and customs that may differ from yours...a whole new world opens up if you give it a chance!

As for me...well, I had my major life event for the year (got married 3 months ago) so I'm holding off a bit on any more! :D

Lord K, good for you! Well, not so good that the condition is worse :( but very good that you are trying to go to school and pursue a new field! Best wishes for success and prosperity!

Ilander 08-09-2004 01:30 PM

Shoot, I can't imagine what it would be like to be married yet, Cloudy...I'm sure that's kind of a big change...not always having to pick up yur own milk on the way home... ;)

Dreamer128 08-09-2004 01:42 PM

Just remember you're not allowed to use the 'M' word for at least another ten years ;)

Bungleau 08-09-2004 01:46 PM

Sorry to hear about the donwturn, LK. I hope that everything turns out all right for you, Lady Aberdene, and the gibbies... Strength.

Big events? Nothing compared to going to Uni. That was a major eye-opener for me. Complete control of my schedule meant complete control... and I put too much time in the "goofing off" category. :( On the upside, I got remarkably better at shooting pool :D Make sure you keep your priorities straight, and you'll be fine.

About the biggest thing I've got is about three ideas for a new job... now, if I can just find a way to keep the income level of the old one... :D

Dron_Cah 08-09-2004 01:52 PM

Uni, for me too. Not too far from where Ilander's going, either. I'm totally pumped for college, though! Slight bit nervous, but I still can barely wait! Woohoo!! :D

Arledrian 08-09-2004 01:55 PM

I'm undergoing a bit of a change myself right now. I'm taking a semester off from university for financial reasons and launching my new business in the meantime, in the hope that I can raise enough money to go back to college in January. I'm also going to rent a new room within the next few weeks. I don't mind changes in life. They're challenges, and designed to be overcome.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, LordK. I hope you and your family are managing alright.