Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm So Relieved! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89696)

skywalker 03-30-2004 07:09 PM

I sent my resume this morning, got a reply within half an hour, interviewed an hour or so later for an hour and a half and was offered the job four hours later.

I took the job! I'm so excited, this seems to be a job for the rest of my life!

Benefits are the best I've ever seen and it pays just slightly less than I was making previously. It is a BIG company that sells and repairs copiers called Imagistics.

So, so happy! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark

johnny 03-30-2004 07:13 PM

I guess congratulations are in order then. :D

Arledrian 03-30-2004 08:46 PM

Well done, Mark. I'm impressed with your resolve, since I congratulate myself every time I manage to worm out of getting a job.

Aelia Jusa 03-30-2004 09:26 PM

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you - best of luck! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kakero 03-30-2004 09:27 PM

Congratulation Skywalker. Enjoy your new job. :D

Ladyzekke 03-30-2004 10:18 PM

Congratulations Skywalker, sounds wonderful! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Megabot 03-30-2004 10:22 PM

Congrat's Skywalker hope you like the new job [img]smile.gif[/img]

Melusine 03-31-2004 03:58 AM

Mark, as I said in the other topic, many congratulations mate!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Well done! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
When do you start?

Aledrain, thanks, I just choked on my morning tea. Writing my essay on Psychoanalysis (I kid you not) will be so much more fun now! :D

Davros 03-31-2004 05:08 AM

Well done Mark - I know how long you have been looking buddy, so I am pleased that things are looking up for you.

skywalker 03-31-2004 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
Mark, as I said in the other topic, many congratulations mate!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Well done! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
When do you start?

Aledrain, thanks, I just choked on my morning tea. Writing my essay on Psychoanalysis (I kid you not) will be so much more fun now! :D

I start tomorrow, which was sooner than I expected, but fine by me! They seem to be a great company and this may be a job I can stick with for a long time.

6 sick days and 2 personal days/year
10 paid holidays/year
10 vacation days/year
401k retirement plan (company match up to 6%)
Health, dental, optical insurance after 30 days.
75% reimbursement for college courses - 100% towards a business degree.
No more ties... I can wear jeans and sweatshirts!

And about 3 months ago I applied for a job at a company call Symquest to fix printers and copiers. I had the experience and background for the job they posted, but never got a reply. An hour and half after I accepted the job with Imagistics I get a call asking me to interview with them (Symquest). It was really satisfying to say I had already accepted a job working for their competition!

Sometimes I win! :D

Mark