Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Trance Anyone? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89575)

The Fallen One 03-14-2004 02:17 AM

well, in truth, i just recently started listening to trance, and i would like some suggestions for good trance songs.

thanks in advance

johnny 03-14-2004 03:59 AM

The best suggestion i can give you is the master himself of course. But this guy knows how to throw a party as well. ;)

Memnoch 03-14-2004 04:08 AM

If you're into hard trance, check out www.tidy.com. Some good hard house there as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 03-14-2004 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
If you're into hard trance, check out www.tidy.com. Some good hard house there as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bah.... gabber. :D Don't tell me you also shave your head ? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

The Hierophant 03-14-2004 04:18 AM

No thanks, I'll pass ;)

... unless hallucinagens are involved, in which case I can be persuaded to indulge [img]smile.gif[/img]

Epona 03-14-2004 09:13 AM

There are some types of music that just cannot be tolerated without chemical assistance! ;) Both trance and gabba fall firmly within that category. Just my humble opinion.

uss 03-14-2004 02:36 PM

Heya!

I'm led to believe that the best trance comes from Europe. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have a few recommendations. Faithless - Insomnia, Russian Roulette, Da Hool - Meet Her at the Love Parade(I think that's the right name), PPK - Resurrection, Benny Benassi - Satisfaction and of course New Order - Confusion. The last and first are the best of these, in my opinion. If it sounds familiar, Confusion is the Blade vampire party song. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope this helps!

philip 03-14-2004 03:21 PM

I really don't like trance but this is 'song' is an exception, the spring. I don't know who made it and a search on google didn't turn anything up but lyrics go something like this:

the love, the air, the ..., the spring we need

Grojlach 03-14-2004 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
Faithless - Insomnia
Da Hool - Meet Her at the Love Parade
Benny Benassi - Satisfaction
New Order - Confusion

You've got a very strange definition of trance music, especially New Order does *not* belong in that list - it's actually one of their eighties hitsingles. Or are you referring to some sort of remix?

Referring to Faithless as "trance" is practically an insult ( ;) ), Da Hool's song is a well known mid 90s rave-anthem, and whatever Benny Benassi is, it ain't trance.

[ 03-14-2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

Grojlach 03-14-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by philip:
I really don't like trance but this is 'song' is an exception, the spring. I don't know who made it and a search on google didn't turn anything up but lyrics go something like this:

the love, the air, the ..., the spring we need

That's a song by RMB, which also has very little to do with trance - more of a a product of the mid-90s German rave scene. I believe they also borrowed heavily from the work of a classical composer, but I can't recall who it was - and a quick google search doesn't turn anything up, either.