Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   JUST DROPPING A LINE (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89294)

dizzy 02-10-2004 05:04 AM

Hello,
How is everyone doing? I am ok I guess. Don't normally stop to think about it though lol. Besides all the IEDs and mortars and getting shot at and everything else here what sucks the most is never having a day off lol. But lucky me I get to go on whats called Freedom Rest. i get to go to the Green Zone for 3 days off. Theres a swimming pool free internet cafe there good food and stuff like that. Plus I will get to wear my 1 set of civilian clothes i brouight out here *( a white unsershirt andn blue jeans lol)I don't know we soldiers just get ran ragged out here. It sucks. But its tolerable at the same time. Our few hours a free time a day make it so. The other day we were heading to the airport (about a 45 50 minute drive) ((i was gunning on my 240 a big ass machine gun) and we stopped a bolo vehicle(vehicles suspected of having the bad guys lol) wound up getting a guy with an uzzi. it was cool. We had a blackhawk hovering overhead providing cover , because we stoped in the middle of the main highway in a big district. So thwere was about 1500 iraqis and a total of 7 americans. We arew lucky no one tried to do anything lol. Maybe iI am just gettign paranoid but seen to much stuff not to be i guess.

whenever i get the chance i pop in hdere to stay current but i normally dont have enough time to take to log in and write but i do today. Today has been failry slow i am taking CLS classes (combat life saver) so tommorow i get to stick someone with a needle.Well i guess i wont take up anymore of your guys time that is even if you are wasting your time to read this. well hope to talk to you guys latter.
josh

Jorath Calar 02-10-2004 05:26 AM

Always good to hear from you Josh, don't worry about wasting out time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care and be safe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Donut 02-10-2004 05:44 AM

You're not wasting our time dizzy.

Stay safe!

Melusine 02-10-2004 07:05 AM

Take care mate, hope you enjoy your days off.

Vaskez 02-10-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

JUST DROPPING A LINE
well pick it up, we won't have no littering around here! But other than that, glad to hear you're ok :D

[ 02-10-2004, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

LordKathen 02-10-2004 07:42 AM

<font color=lime>No time wasted here dizzy. I very much apreciate you taking your precious time to post for us, and let us know your ok. Glad your doing fine, and have a couple days off. Keep up the good work! And be safe bro. Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Cloudbringer 02-10-2004 08:36 AM

Hey Dizzy! It's always good to see you here! Enjoy your leave and be sure you take good care of yourself out there, keep your eyes open!

Bahamut 02-10-2004 08:43 AM

Enjoy man! Still take good care of yourself... ;)

Bungleau 02-10-2004 09:13 AM

Thanks for the update! Make the most of your time off, and keep it safe [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dragonshadow 02-10-2004 01:18 PM

Good to know you're safe, stay that way. Have fun on your time off.