Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Which Homepage do you use? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88675)

Cerek the Barbaric 12-05-2003 05:54 AM

<font color=deepskyblue>I currently use <font color=white>MSN.com</font>, but I'm looking for something new. I like the various information that <font color=white>MSN</font> provides, but when I try to use the SEARCH feature, it goes to a site called <font color=yellow>seekwell.com</font> instead of providing links to sites related to my Search. [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] I've also tried <font color=white>Netscape.com</font>. It has a better Search feature, but it also has lots of pop-up ads.

So I'm looking for suggestions for a new homepage. The only requirements is that it provide some interesting content on the homepage and a Search feature that will give me actual links to related sites rather than taking me to a separate page where I have to Search again.</font>

Link 12-05-2003 06:15 AM

How about www.cnn.com ? Will that suit your request?

pcgiant 12-05-2003 06:28 AM

Actually, my home page is set at the Ironworks BG2 forum. :D

It seems to be my most visited page [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Poison Dart Frog 12-05-2003 06:40 AM

Google, But I keep my favorites list open on the side so all my regular sites are a click away...

wellard 12-05-2003 06:58 AM

Cerek IMO you can not go past using "blank" as the homepage. And just click on your fave list on the left side to go to where you want. It annoys me when i click on the net and it starts taking me to a page i do not want to go to.

Any one else use the blank setting? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Ronn_Bman 12-05-2003 07:05 AM

I used to use Google, but since I've installed the Google toolbar, I've switched to fitday.com , which is probably my top visited site.

Kakero 12-05-2003 07:27 AM

mine is www.soccernet.com this is because I want to know the latest from the footballing world.

Luvian 12-05-2003 07:38 AM

I use www.canoe.ca. The biggest news portal in Quebec and probably Canada.

LordKathen 12-05-2003 07:46 AM

<font color=lime>I have a Yahoo acount, so I use "my.yahoo.com" as my homepage. I like it alot! You can modify its colors, fonts, etc. and you choose what you want to be on the page as far as news sites, sports, comics, weather for your area, etc. The account is free, even if you dont need the additional e-address, its worth it just for the homepage. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] </font>

Deejax 12-05-2003 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
Any one else use the blank setting? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
At home I do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
At work I have the obligatory homepage :(