Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   psssst. Can you keep a secret? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88579)

Rokenn 11-24-2003 10:22 AM

This Friday my sweetie and I are hoping a flight to Las Vegas and eloping [img]smile.gif[/img]

Flying out of San Francisco Friday morning, getting hitched around 2, then flying home in time for Letterman. Going to tell my folks on Thanksgiving, will give us something special to be thankful for this year [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-24-2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]

Target 11-24-2003 10:48 AM

Good luck, hope it goes well.

and Congrats!!

Donut 11-24-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rokenn:
This Friday my sweetie and I are hoping a flight to Las Vegas and eloping [img]smile.gif[/img]

Flying out of San Francisco Friday morning, getting hitched around 2, then flying home in time for Letterman. Going to tell my folks on Thanksgiving, will give us something special to be thankful for this year [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well congratulations Rokenn! I hope you will both be happy.

However, in true curmudgeonly Donut style I would point out that once you tell your parents you can no longer elope. You're just going off to get married! :D

pritchke 11-24-2003 11:19 AM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Congrats Rokenn! I hope you two have a blast!!

I am thinking of doing the same thing with my fiancée!!! We are thinking of going on a cruise because we would be able to get married and have a honeymoon all in one. No hassle, cuts down cost to. Weddings these days are expensive and take so much preparation. Brides and Grooms end up fighting because it is so stressful, and for what? So family and friends can have a good time at your expense. I am going to discuss it with my parents first to see if they approve. </font>

[ 11-24-2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Rokenn 11-24-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by pritchke:
Congrats Rokenn! I hope you two have a blast!!

I am thinking of doing the same thing with my fiancée!!! We were thinking of going on a cruise because we would be able to get married and have a honeymoon all in one. No hassle, cuts down cost to. Weddings these days are expensive and take so much preparation. Brides and Grooms end up fighting because it is so stressful and for what, so family and friends can have a good time at your expense. I am going to discuss it with my parents first to see if they approve.

Thanks pritchke! One fun part if you do it on a cruise is that you can have the captian marry you. Which would make it a bit more memorable as well.

We are still planning our honeymoon. We are thinking about either Thailand or Bali [img]smile.gif[/img]

Rokenn 11-24-2003 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:However, in true curmudgeonly Donut style I would point out that once you tell your parents you can no longer elope. You're just going off to get married! :D
Well my step-mom practically begged me to tell her if we were going to run off. This way they have all day Friday to buy us a present [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ronn_Bman 11-24-2003 12:05 PM

Sounds like a plan! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I vote for the All Elvis, All The Time Wedding Chapel. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 11-24-2003 01:20 PM

Congrats Rokenn! That's so wonderful! Hehe.. I guess the kitties got along just fine, hmm? :D I wish you and your intended much happiness!

LOL@ Donut's post...HAHAHAHA...but true! heehee

Quote:

Originally posted by pritchke:
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">Congrats Rokenn! I hope you two have a blast!!

I am thinking of doing the same thing with my fiancée!!! We are thinking of going on a cruise because we would be able to get married and have a honeymoon all in one. No hassle, cuts down cost to. Weddings these days are expensive and take so much preparation. Brides and Grooms end up fighting because it is so stressful, and for what? So family and friends can have a good time at your expense. I am going to discuss it with my parents first to see if they approve. </font>

pritchke, I agree on the first part, it is a lot of work and very expensive, even if you keep your guest list as small as possible and try to be frugal. But it doesn't necessarily entail arguing with your betrothed! :D

*says the woman who has her gown, the church, reception hall and dj planned....and is fretting over alterations, photographer, favors.....* :eek:

LordKathen 11-24-2003 02:48 PM

<font color=lime>Congrats Rokenn! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] </font>

Stratos 11-24-2003 03:36 PM

Congratulations Rokenn!