Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Did anyone notice.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88162)

Yorick 10-18-2003 03:12 AM

....amidst the fracas between Chewbacca and myself, an interesting little fact.

Chewbacca lives in Boston

I live in New York.

GO THE YANKEES!!! (Curse of the Bambino anyone??) :D :D :D :D :D

Would that have anything to do with it? Naah. Of course not.... right? ;)

machinehead 10-18-2003 03:15 AM

Screw the Yankees! [img]smile.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 10-18-2003 04:57 AM

I think this could turn into a full blown fight :D ohwell Fight, Fight, Fight!!

johnny 10-18-2003 07:35 AM

Hehe.... Yorrrick just showed us a glimpse of his evil side. :D

Yorick 10-19-2003 01:42 AM

Where's the wookie? Here wookiewookiewookie.

As for Machinehead... ;) :D (Can't think of a comeback that isn't rude) :D

Chewbacca 10-19-2003 01:54 AM

Here Wookie Wookie Wookie! hehe. :D

Yes tension between beantown and the big apple have been at all time high lately, perhaps we were both channeling some of that energy in our discourse. Lets just put it behind us okay?

I, for one, am going to try to be more aware of my tone and choice of words in "serious" discussion and be mindful of the topic at hand before I post. IW is the freindliest place on the net, for both Yankee and Red Sox fans ;) , and I don't want to diminish that at all.

I won't particpate in the Yankees suck mantra, I still puzzle over the fact it gets chanted at concerts as well as other events that have nothing to do with baseball.

Though I'm not a very big baseball fan, The Red Sox have grown on me being a transplant to the Boston area some 5 years ago. I love going to Fenway to watch games and I am saddened along with just about everyone else around here that they didn't go all the way.

I had to give up tickets to the game where they clinched the wildcard, because of a family emergency, but I did have the honor of passing them along to a lifetime Red Sox fan who is in his 70's. That made the season for me in and of itself, though a penant and championship would have been the icing on the cake. There is always next year.

Cheers Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-19-2003, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]

Night Stalker 10-19-2003 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yorick:
Where's the wookie? Here wookiewookiewookie.
:D

I can't stop laughing on this one! LLAO!!! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

Donut 10-20-2003 05:43 AM

I had a wookie steak for the first time this weekend. It was okay but I found it a bit Chewy! :D

Barry the Sprout 10-20-2003 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
I had a wookie steak for the first time this weekend. It was okay but I found it a bit Chewy! :D
And here was me thinking that you getting rid of the sig quote meant you didn't watch Soccer AM anymore... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yorick 10-20-2003 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Here Wookie Wookie Wookie! hehe. :D

Yes tension between beantown and the big apple have been at all time high lately, perhaps we were both channeling some of that energy in our discourse. Lets just put it behind us okay?

I, for one, am going to try to be more aware of my tone and choice of words in "serious" discussion and be mindful of the topic at hand before I post. IW is the freindliest place on the net, for both Yankee and Red Sox fans ;) , and I don't want to diminish that at all.

I won't particpate in the Yankees suck mantra, I still puzzle over the fact it gets chanted at concerts as well as other events that have nothing to do with baseball.

Though I'm not a very big baseball fan, The Red Sox have grown on me being a transplant to the Boston area some 5 years ago. I love going to Fenway to watch games and I am saddened along with just about everyone else around here that they didn't go all the way.

I had to give up tickets to the game where they clinched the wildcard, because of a family emergency, but I did have the honor of passing them along to a lifetime Red Sox fan who is in his 70's. That made the season for me in and of itself, though a penant and championship would have been the icing on the cake. There is always next year.

Cheers Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well said my friend. I shall endeavor to do the same. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]