Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   IM IN GERMANY. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88126)

dizzy 10-15-2003 01:47 PM

Hey all, I just arrived in Germany yesterday(landed in Frankfurt. I have been stationed at a small place called Baumholder. Its in the bottom left corner of Germany on a map. Oh my God, its so beautiful here. Its amazing. Its a damn shame I can't be here long. Im leaving for Iraq around November 7th through the 14th. Oh well. ha. Nothing to big I guess. But I wanted to let you guys know I am, fine for now. (Spending two weeks at Fort Jackson S.C doing processing sucked) but I'm here now.

Stormymystic 10-15-2003 01:57 PM

hey, glad to hear from you [img]smile.gif[/img] send me pics if you cam, I have always wanted to see germany, my husband talks about it all the time [img]smile.gif[/img]

p.s. stay safe in Iraq

Vaskez 10-15-2003 02:00 PM

Yeah you Yanks need to learn to appreciate Europe :D . You won't see so much culture and history squeezed into such a small area anywhere else.

dizzy 10-15-2003 02:03 PM

theres a lot of new stuff here but most of it seems older (like buildings etc) but every thing seems to be kept up so well. I just stared and gaped the whole three hour bus ride from Franfurt to here. I look forward to maybe meeting some of yall while im here. but i will be leavign again for at least six months, but i will drop you guys my mailing address here.

slicer15 10-15-2003 02:24 PM

Hey man, stay safe. Good luck, and best hopes you'll be home soon! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Yeah, Germany is a great place, I love every time I go there, very beautiful. I love the old castles that dot a lot of the hills around the place. Anyway, good luck again!

Vaskez 10-15-2003 06:30 PM

Yeah that's one thing that always strikes visitors to Germany - they are very tidy and thorough - hardly any litter in the streets etc. Another country like this is Belgium.

johnny 10-15-2003 06:41 PM

Well, you can have the castles, have you seen the incredible amount of beerbreweries in germany ? :D

Stormymystic 10-15-2003 07:58 PM

my husband laughed when I told him where you were, said there is nothing there, he said you would have been better off anywhere than there, but i still want to see pics of the place, bet it is beautiful. we want lots of pictures of castles :D oh and stay out of the red light district ;)

[ 10-15-2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Stormymystic ]

Sir Goulum 10-15-2003 10:11 PM

Germany...I know german! I wish I could go to Germany....have some beer [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyways, stay safe, Dizzo!

Loudhy 10-16-2003 12:33 AM

I once was stationed there too during my military time . Because it was only for two weeks I hadn't much time to explore the area. Unfortunatly I have to agree with Stormmystic. There isn't much there to see (maybe only for germans).

Stay safe Dizzy !