Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Guess who I watched yesterday? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87646)

Xen 09-09-2003 07:52 AM

Guess? Here in Slovenia our natinal soccer team plays Vs. France.-Euro qualifications...we are second just behind France.

Of course we WILL loose but c`mon...

This is a one time opporunity for me. I actually saw Zizou aka Zindine Zidane....

*giggles* Happy...

Just wanted to share this with ya`all

Faceman 09-09-2003 08:25 AM

Who says you'll lose. France came home form the last World Cup without a single goal despite the fact that they were champion before. Anything is possible as Slovenia is not that bad.

Our team (Austria) lost 3:1 to the Netherlands lately but we ARE bad. My best friend and I were actually rooting for the Netherlands :D
After every match people keep saying: "We were fighting bravely, defense was good,..." but nobody mentions that
+ Austria has no good strikers.
+ Our players make only 1 out of 10 one-on-ones against an enemy goalkeeper
+ we are a bad soccer nation

Only one or two years ago we lost 0-9 against Spain. That's not bad luck or coincidence!
I mean nobody is attacking our running coaches when it turns out that our athletes can't run as fast as Ato Boldon. We just accept it. As well as the Nigerians accept that they have no chance against our skiing team.
Why is everybody so obsessed about soccer here when a comparison between the German and the Austrian "Bundesliga" shows that we are playing on their C League levels.

Haldir 09-09-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
Guess? Here in Slovenia our natinal soccer team plays Vs. France.-Euro qualifications...we are second just behind France.

This is a one time opporunity for me. I actually saw Zizou aka Zindine Zidane....

*giggles* Happy...

ohhh men!!!

Zarr 09-09-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Faceman:
Who says you'll lose. France came home form the last World Cup without a single goal despite the fact that they were champion before. Anything is possible as Slovenia is not that bad.

Our team (Austria) lost 3:1 to the Netherlands lately but we ARE bad. My best friend and I were actually rooting for the Netherlands :D
After every match people keep saying: "We were fighting bravely, defense was good,..." but nobody mentions that
+ Austria has no good strikers.
+ Our players make only 1 out of 10 one-on-ones against an enemy goalkeeper
+ we are a bad soccer nation

Only one or two years ago we lost 0-9 against Spain. That's not bad luck or coincidence!
I mean nobody is attacking our running coaches when it turns out that our athletes can't run as fast as Ato Boldon. We just accept it. As well as the Nigerians accept that they have no chance against our skiing team.
Why is everybody so obsessed about soccer here when a comparison between the German and the Austrian "Bundesliga" shows that we are playing on their C League levels.

Don't worry Faceman you could be worse off you could be from N. Ireland. We haven't scored a goal in TEN matches! :eek: Although we recently drew with Spain. It's strange are team is so bad as football's so popular here... I guess it's due to only having a population of 1 1/2 million. Even though footballs popular alot more people play the game in say Brazil.

Xen 09-09-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Haldir:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Xen:

*giggles* Happy...

ohhh men!!! </font>[/QUOTE]Yep. They had training at Šiška...