Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Name that tune (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86552)

Donut 06-12-2003 10:40 AM

have you ever heard a tune in a bar or a shop and wondered what it was or who was singing?

Well it takes a lot to get me Sheffield United but I have discovered SHAZAM. Dial 2580 and hold your mobile phone up to the source of the music and after 30 seconds you receive a text message with the artist and song. If you tag a number of songs you can go to the Shazam website and order a CD of all of your tagged songs. Cost of call is 34p and the technology is only available in the UK AFAIK.

Never again will I have those sleeples nights with a song going through my head wondering what the hell it was!

[ 06-12-2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]

Moiraine 06-12-2003 11:07 AM

Does it work if you sing the song yourself ? [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img]

Donut 06-12-2003 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moiraine:
Does it work if you sing the song yourself ? [img]graemlins/hippysmile.gif[/img]
Mmm! I remember you - you used to be French! Are you on strike or something? :D

Nooo - it only works on pre-recorded music.

Moiraine 06-12-2003 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Mmm! I remember you - you used to be French! Are you on strike or something? :D

Nooo - it only works on pre-recorded music.

Bah, now I'm richer - three full syllabs ! ;)

Nope, not on strike, only morally ...

Bah, your Shazam thing is lame - you'll still have many sleepless nights wondering why the hell did you forget to bring that phone along ! :D

Ronn_Bman 06-12-2003 01:56 PM

It seems like a good idea, but I can't tell any of my friends about it. If I say the name, I'll turn into Captain Marvel again and red spandex makes my butt look big. :D

Beaumanoir 06-12-2003 03:33 PM

Yea i heard about that ages ago [img]tongue.gif[/img] The new COOL thing on phones is 0800 Reverse. Not quite sure what the number is (it spells reverse) and you reverse call charges. Hehehehe... Funkay ;)

Okay, the idea isnt new, but the number is [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lovisa 06-13-2003 04:50 AM

Does it work everywhere or only where u come from? And I bet it's gonna cost a hell lota money here in that case...

Donut 06-13-2003 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lovisa:
Does it work everywhere or only where u come from? And I bet it's gonna cost a hell lota money here in that case...
Only in Britain and it costs 34p at the moment.

DJG 06-13-2003 07:26 AM

Ah yes, my friend told me about this. But he had forgotten the number. I usually either recognise the tune right away or don't know what it is in the first place. Might be handy for all those songs you hear on movies and want to download but can't since you don't have a clue what the name is. I usually turn sub-titles for the hearing impared on but you can't do that on my videos, only on DVDs.

wellard 06-13-2003 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
It seems like a good idea, but I can't tell any of my friends about it. If I say the name, I'll turn into Captain Marvel again and red spandex makes my butt look big. :D
"SHAZAM" why Bman your butt does look very big [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]