Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   We are Back! Thanks for the help too! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85268)

Ziroc 04-19-2003 09:51 PM

We're back! [img]smile.gif[/img]

After a Hard Drive crash, we managed to ghost the entire HD (After roping off the bad sectors) and NOW, we're using a NEW WD 80GB HD (Cost ONLY $89!!)

Thanks to Karla, and the others that helped out to get us back up, and online within 24 hours! It saved our butts!!!!!!

I'll talk more, but I need to triple check a few things, and I will tell you all about it!!!

I'll be live on the air tonight talking about the whole mess, and we'll do a kick ass radio block!!!! IW is back, and BAD!!!!!!!! :D

BTW, we only lost 2 Message Threads. 1 in BG:SOA and 1 in WIZ8 Forum. We also lost 1 user account (Pringle) he posted that message that was lost in the BG:SOA forum the exact SECOND the HD crashed, and his account file was corrupted (filled with garbage and high-asc

TheCrimsomBlade 04-19-2003 09:59 PM

Glad to here from you again, and I don't know if it's the fact that nobody is here yet or your new drive is just faster but, this is the fastest site I've ever been on! I clicked on post a reply and bam I was at the screen. just two days ago it was taking upwards to 1 and 1/2 min.to come up and only 8 or 9 others were here with me.

SomeGuy 04-19-2003 10:04 PM

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Yay!!! Way to go Z-man!! *hops around spreading baskets of joy* What happened to the old Hard Drive? Did Choc.... [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img] MWAHAHAHHA!

Ziroc 04-19-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Glad to here from you again, and I don't know if it's the fact that nobody is here yet or your new drive is just faster but, this is the fastest site I've ever been on! I clicked on post a reply and bam I was at the screen. just two days ago it was taking upwards to 1 and 1/2 min.to come up and only 8 or 9 others were here with me.
Oh yeah, this new drive does seem faster. But the old drive, since it had error slowed down everything I saw. even booting up on it took 5 mins. and to load all the drivers too another 2 mins. So that drive was dying fast. I'm going to totally dig into that HD and see exactly how bad it was, and maybe open the HD up and take a pic of it.

Gangrell 04-19-2003 10:10 PM

Great job getting us back Z, I was starting to get bored on my computer :D By the way, how do I use the IW radio? I click on the link but it says it can't find the server.

TheCrimsomBlade 04-19-2003 10:20 PM

Yeah I like to see if there is any real physical damage to the drive. When it died did it smoke at all or just slow down to the point it was barely running?
I had one go up in flames last summer, it was a western Digital 20 GIG that I must have had for almost 7 years. My very first Baldur's Gate game was on it and my first Icewind Dale too but I had both games transfered to another computer in june 2000, well the save game files anyway so I didn't loose anything. When it burned this big ball of smoke came out of the case fan port and my computer room smelled like Ozone for about a week.
Oh yeah give Choc a pat on the head for becoming an active forum member.

Gangrell 04-19-2003 10:22 PM

Ziroc, you wouldn't have had to buy a new hard drive, just run a low level formate on it and it usually (key word) restores it.

Kakero 04-19-2003 10:27 PM

is it me, or is it that this site loads much faster with the new HD ? or perhaps because not much people here yet? or perhaps because something is wrong with my modem? ;)

Nightowl2 04-19-2003 10:28 PM

Ummm...what happened to the date of last post there on the right? It isn't there anymore. :(

<center>Nightowl2</center>

Gangrell 04-19-2003 10:29 PM

It's on the left.