Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Why duct tape? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84215)

Rokenn 02-13-2003 10:35 AM

In another thread someone asked why duct tape is in such demand. Well, as my father always told me one of the most important things he learned from 37 years in the construction trade is that duct tape will fix anything! Here are some handy sites to help those out who do not know the wonder of the magical material:
The Duct Tape guys
Duct Tape fashion guide
The Duct Tape club

Happy taping!

Sever 02-13-2003 10:39 AM

It's right up there with the tek screw for the king of the temporary fixit jobs. I personally call it "hundred mile an hour tape". Beautiful stuff.

Ronn_Bman 02-13-2003 11:00 AM

Duct tape? McGiver wouldn't be caught dead without some. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It fixes everything.

Cloudbringer 02-13-2003 11:04 AM

Duct tape! I love the stuff! Has so many uses and it's versatile too! :D

Moiraine 02-13-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

It fixes everything.

Funny, I thought he only carried stuff that explodes ... ;)

Rokenn 02-13-2003 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moiraine:
</font><blockquote>Quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

It fixes everything.

Funny, I thought he only carried stuff that explodes ... ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Nah, he just makes explosives using common household items, and a bent paper clip, and of course duct tape! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

arion windrider 02-13-2003 11:18 AM

duct tape is very useful.. especially if you dont wanna hear inlaws or spouses.. im just kidding bout that... heheh....

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 02-13-2003 01:53 PM

I was hearing something about how duct tape and alluminum foil was supposed to protect you from terrorist poison gas. I think that is downright hilarious.

Elif Godson 02-13-2003 02:45 PM

Yea Az, you wrap it around your nose and mouth so you pass out before the gas get's you ;) hehehe

I have used the tape to fix a blown radiator hose, but it doesnt do well with gasoline ;)

Seraph 02-13-2003 03:03 PM

Quote:

McGiver
MacGyver. No one ever spells that correctly, and it annoys me.

Quote:

I was hearing something about how duct tape and alluminum foil was supposed to protect you from terrorist poison gas. I think that is downright hilarious.
Well, first it was plastic sheeting.

Second if terrorists releace a dirty bomb, or a biological weapon in a city, there is likely to be some distance d away from the exposion where the people who do nothing suffer more serious injury then the people who try to seal up their place of residence.