Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Commandos 2 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83688)

Lavindathar 01-18-2003 07:41 PM

<font color="cyan">Reffering to the game by Pyro studios. Wanted the second in the series for ages!

I played the first one til it's death, but only got this one today. Had a brief go, looks good!

Just wondering what you thought?</font>

Nanobyte 01-18-2003 07:50 PM

I played the first pretty thoroughly. I remember, particularly, the one level where you're assigned the spy to assassinate one man. It was a good game at the time. I don't have the second however.

johnny 01-18-2003 07:53 PM

Great game, that's one of those games i can't let go. When i got it, i played non stop, until i finished it, took me a little more than a day. Very addictive.

Paladin2000 01-19-2003 05:21 AM

Great game. Finished it a couple of months ago. The game is huge because there are a lot of enemies to be disabled within the building and many of those buildings are huge! The musical score is nice too, especially the ones in the icy land (I think it is north pole of something).

Since most of the members can disble and tie enemies up, the game rewards you by killing as few guards as possible.

Oh, I think the topic should be in the Miscellaneous CRPG forum.

[ 01-19-2003, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]

Lavindathar 01-19-2003 06:23 AM

<font color="cyan">It isn't another RPG. We're allowed to post about other games in General Discussion, as it falls under General Discussion. Ok?

Yeah, I played it last night, and finally completed my mission at 3am. Didn't realise it was SO late!

Seems pretty cool though! I'm gonna go for a closer look in about 20mins!</font>

johnny 01-19-2003 07:53 AM

Especially the molotov cocktails are fun. I threw one one a group of Japanese soldiers who were all standing together, there wasn't much left of them afterwards. :D

Paladin2000 01-19-2003 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lavindathar:
<font color="cyan">It isn't another RPG. We're allowed to post about other games in General Discussion, as it falls under General Discussion. Ok?

Yeah, I played it last night, and finally completed my mission at 3am. Didn't realise it was SO late!

Seems pretty cool though! I'm gonna go for a closer look in about 20mins!</font>

Hey, I am not trying to be a smartass but lately quite a number of topics about games are being moved there and I just want to mention that if this topic disappears, you will know where it gone to. ;)

Anyway, I favorite tactic is the cigarette-noise maker-distraction. Place a noise maker in a strategic location and then throw a cigarette pack to distract the guard, while he is checking out the cigarette, activate the nosie maker to lure him further away and then... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]

homer 01-19-2003 08:00 AM

Is this a First person shooter, type game?

homer 01-19-2003 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Hey, I am not trying to be a smartass but lately quite a number of topics about games are being moved there and I just want to mention that if this topic disappears, you will know where it gone to. ;) [/QB]
Where is it that you are referring to ?

Paladin2000 01-19-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by homer:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Paladin2000:
Hey, I am not trying to be a smartass but lately quite a number of topics about games are being moved there and I just want to mention that if this topic disappears, you will know where it gone to. ;)

Where is it that you are referring to ?[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Here. Almost all discussions about games end up there and sometimes I am not sure where exactly do all these topics belong anymore. [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]