Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Can I Ask For Your Opinions? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80429)

Moni 07-24-2002 07:35 AM

I've never made any type of memorial, site or otherwise beyond a shelf here at home with personal items that belonged to my father and grandmother but since having found members of my father's extended family, I thought it would be nice to create a web page in his memory for them to see.

Please tell me what you think of it, if it lacks something (his name or other personal information will never be posted simply because I am on AOL and family members finding me know where I came from~NOT Hell, Horatio! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) or if it has "too much" of something (although there is really little there).

EDIT2: The link to efolkmusic.com is connected to a guy I wrote to asking permission to keep his link there for as long as his MP3 "Dad's Medley" is available for free. It is sweet. :D
I haven't heard from him yet (at the time of this edit it has only been a few hours since i sent the request out) but if it stays around for a little while its all cool, but if it is gone by, let's say next week, he said no can do. At any rate, it won't be there forever. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for your time!
In Loving Memory

[ 07-25-2002, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Horatio 07-24-2002 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moni:
[QB]NOT Hell, Horatio! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [QB]
Liar. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hey, I have viewed this site, and if you wanna do it, no one's gonna stop you. I'm sure that your family will think it a loving gesture. Carry on.
Edit: No, it doesn't lack anything if you don't want it to. Put as much on there as you like. Bear in mind, people won't mind if you don't put personal details on there. And remember, that is, after all, what they are: personal. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-24-2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Horatio ]

Moni 07-24-2002 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moni:
[QB]NOT Hell, Horatio! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [QB]

Liar. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Don't make me cry!

Thanks for your support otherwise! [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Deathbringer 07-24-2002 07:49 AM

<font color="#00CC99">You obviously have great respect for your elders and that is great. Your a fantastic person for even THINKING of doing such a thing! *thumbs up*</font>

Cerek the Barbaric 07-24-2002 07:56 AM

<font color="plum">Very Nice...and very touching, <font color="dodgerblue">Moni</font>

It reminds me to enjoy the time I have with my father...but more importantly to MAKE time for my children.

It's so easy to tell them that I will play with them "in a little while" rather than right now.

They only grow up once, and they do it very quickly.

Thank you for reminding me of what is REALLY important in this life.</font>

Redblueflare 07-24-2002 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moni:
[QB]
Please tell me what you think of it, if it lacks something (his name or other personal information will never be posted simply because I am on AOL and family members finding me know where I came from~NOT Hell, Horatio! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) or if it has "too much" of something (although there is really little there).

Ah, don't be so hard on yourself. The way I see it a memorial should be a person's memory and feelings of another person. Not an endless showing of accomplishments, and other information. Not that I wouldn't have read those too, mind you. ;) Anyhow that was really *sweet* Moni. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moni 07-24-2002 09:17 AM

Deathbringer,
Thank you!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Cerek the Barbaric
*smiles* I am glad it was of some inspiration to you! Definitely give your parents a hug when you see them because missed opportunities just suck! (I was going to surprise my dad for Father's Day by showing up on his doorstep...it would have been the first time I'd seen him in 17 years and he died without warning two weeks before I was scheduled to leave!)

Always cherish the moments you have but never regret the ones you don't, and remember, no matter how fast your kids grow up, in your heart they are always going to be your little ones! :D

Redblueflare,
Thank you! I considered listing his accomplishments but I didn't know how to keep it from looking like an obituary and I wouldn't have had the room lol...he was so educated, so talented, so capable of doing anything. He taught us to never depend on other people for things we can do ourselves and as a result, I too know plumbing, electronics, carpentry, brick-laying & mechanics...gardening, landscaping, pruning & planting...still his knowledge in these realms and others far surpassed my own and included things I would never dream of delving into like tracking (animals, and people if need be), water-witching, welding, building cars, motorcycles, and go-carts from the ground up, racing hydroplanes and making innovative items to do one job while you do another (he had an automatic, electric hack-saw to cut pipes with and a walking sprinkler years before they were market items). If I sat here and thought hard enough, I am sure I could come up with more lol! Not to mention that he owned and operated a kitchen cabinet/bathroom vanity company (out of our huge garage) before retiring to sail the Gulf of Mexico for 5 years and then settling down in FL! :D

Anyway, I am glad that you thought the site to be *sweet* :D and if you really feel that it needs more, don't hesitate to say so!

Azred 07-24-2002 09:30 AM

<font color = lightgreen>I think it's [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] that you had a father who inspired such creativity in you. To those of you who have/had good fathers--count your blessing.

I think your site is just fine and done in really good taste. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

Moni 07-24-2002 09:33 AM

Thank you Azred!

Well I am off to round up the kitties (like I have to actually round them up lol...its breakfast-time and all I have to do is open the door)...dogs need fed too and I have some major cooking to do today so I'll see you all later!

Thank you all again!
*hugs*
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Elif Godson 07-24-2002 10:01 AM

You did good Moni, I think your dad would be proud and honored to know that he inspired you so. I know what you mean by lost moments,
my mom died when I was 17, I left for the weekend and was going to give her a hug and kiss goodbye but she was napping, and when I got back from my trip she had all but passed on. I was the last to see her alive in the hospital, stopped by after school to see her then left for the post office to get some stamps for my dad, by the time I cam e back she went into cardiac arrest and was gone. Now my dad has cancer and I go over there every weekend almost and help him out around the house. So yes cherish your moments with your loved ones because you never know when fate will change your plans.

Sorry Moni I dont mean to detract from what you did here, I just had to write this as a form of cleansing for my self. You did good. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]