Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A little exercise can be a good thing. No, really! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79699)

Horatio 06-21-2002 02:08 PM

Heya, the more perceptive of you may have noticed that I haven't been around for a while. Or less than I used to be. Or whatever.

Anyway, I've recently come back from Spain. While there, I met some Germans. After the essential 5-1 taunt (i mean, come on, it was a GREAT game) I noticed that the guys were A LOT more fitter than me. So I came back to England determined to make a difference to my physical shape (my mental one is already tuned to max efficiancy :D )

Back in school, I was a HUGE athletic freak. I ran every night, and was best in my county (and I have the photos of a celebrating mother to prove it). But I stopped when I came to Uni, and my shape has gone a bit. But hey, I got back from Spain, and I went back to the track I used to train at. All the old 'uns knew me, and I was rated a bit of a celebrity. But hell, the popularity was only a fraction of the perks.

The moment I started running, I knew I wasn't gonna quit. I have been going nearly every night since. Not only is my shape starting (minorly) to revert back, but I feel MUCH better about myself. I am relieved of stress.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Oh, great, now he's gonna start talking about our chi". Hell no! Trust me, exercise DOES help, especially after a stressful day. You don't have to run EVERY night, just once or twice in a while.

Well, I'm done. Hey, where'd everybody go?

SomeGuy 06-21-2002 02:17 PM

Are you kidding?!Excercise is evil!!!!!!!!!

Lord Shield 06-21-2002 02:17 PM

you don't even neeed to do a huge amount. Just for general healthiness, I walk places that are not huge distances.

And because there are 2 flights of stairs within my flat (one from entrance to first floor, other from 1st to 2nd floor) I get fit just going from the kitchen to my PC :D

Also I like to practice my katas, but they are more for co-iordination than fitness [img]smile.gif[/img]

MagiK 06-21-2002 02:28 PM

<font color="#22cccc">Running is bad for your knees, I prefer hiking [img]smile.gif[/img] If God had ment for man to run, he never would have invented the car! ;) </font>

Horatio 06-21-2002 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MagiK:
<font color="#22cccc">Running is bad for your knees, I prefer hiking [img]smile.gif[/img] If God had ment for man to run, he never would have invented the car! ;) </font>
If God had meant for Man to be lazy, he would never have invented the Wife. ;)

Sir Goulum 06-21-2002 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
<font color=Orange>If you don't excersize, you'll get sicker more often and get fatter</font>

Sir Goulum 06-21-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
<font color=Orange>If you don't excersize, you'll get sicker more often and get fatter</font>

Horatio 06-21-2002 03:17 PM

Amen. I feel healthier than ever. Ah, life is great. *cough*

johnny 06-21-2002 04:46 PM

First of all, i noticed your absence, how could i not ? :D And second, English people aren't made to be healthy and stuff, why the hell do you think they invented pubs ? Now you be a good Brit and drink your ass off like you're supposed to ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Horatio 06-21-2002 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
First of all, i noticed your absence, how could i not ? :D And second, English people aren't made to be healthy and stuff, why the hell do you think they invented pubs ? Now you be a good Brit and drink your ass off like you're supposed to ! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Hey, that may be okay for you, mate, but I need my body.

God, I'm shallow.