Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Celebrities. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74909)

Horatio 05-08-2002 02:36 PM

You see on all these documentaries about celebs saying how hard it is always being in the spotlight, and what a strain it is being famous.
Yeah, making millions a year. Boo hoo. Excuse me while I cry you a river.
What do you guys think of this?

Sigmar 05-08-2002 02:42 PM

Yeah I know what you mean, they moan and moan about how much pressure they're constantly under when they are making more money in a year then perhaps we do in ten! When they are the ones wo chose that line of work! But the one's that get me annoyed the most are the fashion models which claim "Oh it's reall hard to not eat food, and to walk up and down small paths for millions of pounds".

uss 05-08-2002 02:48 PM

i think that some of their lives can be a living hell. the ppl that i think have a VERY hard life is sportsmen. they have to practise whatever theyre doing atleast 3 hours a day, they have to eat vey healthy food, they dont have much free time, they have to sleep everyday for a certain period of time and all that sorts of stuff. Music celebs have a hard time doing all those concerts. but i cant see anything too difficult in an acting celebs life, apart from the usual celeb worries.

Lavindathar 05-08-2002 02:54 PM

<font color="cyan">I think it's quite a hard life.....

As uss said, you have to stick to all the rules of your profession. Plus, there is usually some fan always trying to kill you....and worse...remember the film the Bodyguard? Gruesome! ;) </font>

Horatio 05-08-2002 03:01 PM

I was actually thinking about the acting profession. I mean, to quote a recent TV series, when you first get into 'THE BIZ' and you take that first $4 Mil check you can say "oh, it's a hard life, I never knew it would be this difficult." But if you go back and you know excactly wot it is like, you have no right to say "I wish I have never done it, my life is hell"
You may think I am bitter because I am not paid millions, live in a mansion and sleep with a 19 year old with a waist span of 3 inches, and I have one thing to say to you: Your right. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Redblueflare 05-08-2002 03:17 PM

I'm surprised no ones mentioned the part about the media always poking their noses where they don't belong. I'm sure that can get *real* annoying *real* fast!

Horatio 05-08-2002 03:22 PM

Yes, I suppose the media could be less IYF, but it's a price to pay if your a star.

Dramnek_Ulk 05-08-2002 03:27 PM

Celebrities are a hideous manifestation of popular culture, which seems to thrive on banality and ephemeral trivia. The whole celebrity industry is simply driven by the vast egos of the “stars” and the credulous and shallow attitudes of most of the general public, and the people who know how to exploit this for profit.

Barry the Sprout 05-08-2002 03:44 PM

Anyone heard the Storytellers episode with Counting Crows? Adam Duritz talks about the song Have You Seen Me Lately on that, a song based on this kind of question. I think what he had to say about the matter is something along the lines of:

"Its hard to get people to emphasise with this kind of song, you don't get many people in the street saying stuff like - "Oh he's rich and famous, the poor guy...". But if you woke up on Mars, you'd have problems with the gravity too, for a little while.".

As the song says:

I was out on a radio, starting to change, somewhere out in America...

Beaumanoir 05-08-2002 04:15 PM

Yea, I Agree. It's Part And Parcel Of Being Famous... There Is A Price To Pay For Being Rich....