Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Return of the Aelia n Davros Sports Thread (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74446)

Davros 04-22-2002 04:57 AM

So what is topical today :

Footy season, and in the AFL the mighty Brisbane Lions remain undefeated this season - now up to 20 consecutive wins since round 9 last year. The Bullies flooded massively in an attempt to kill the Brissie juggernaut, but to no avail. I get to see my beloved Lions play next week in Perth - ahh, new victims.

The Broncos are also undefeated, but were very shaky indeed in squeeking past the lowly Panthers. I think they will get moiderated against Newcastle next weekend. On a brighter note - Alfie is a star and legend (still).

Oh, and I sent you an email Aelia :D .

Davros 04-22-2002 05:19 AM

TALKING POINTS:
The Lions have won four games in a row and even the journalists in Perth are writing about how the Lions’ strength should be diluted. Funny how that was never mentioned circa 1992-94 when another ‘interstate’ team was at its feasome best! Subiaco Oval – the Lions are praying no-one strays into ‘Cruciate Corner’, the carnage site of eight knee reconstructions in a season and four rounds.

Downunda 04-22-2002 05:30 AM

Can we also bring up the Super 12 and how well the Crusaders are doing this year? [img]smile.gif[/img] - 'cause they are. :D (they just need a few more bonus points)

Davros 04-22-2002 05:35 AM

:D - There's many a slip, twixt cup (OK - who mentioned the World Cup) and lip ;) . You will have to face of against the Brumbies or the Waratah's in the semi's and finals before you get to claim boasting rights [img]tongue.gif[/img] - and the Reds aren't out of the equation just yet.

Donut 04-22-2002 05:35 AM

It's my dog's birthday - she is 9. :D

[ 04-22-2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]

Davros 04-22-2002 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
It's my dog's birthday - she is 9. :D
She can't still be 9 - she was 9 when you last used this line on us 18 months ago. Have you discovered the elixir of life??

On a brighter note -Arsenal return to the top of the Premier league, courtesy of a double from fabulous Freddie - Lundjberg that is :D .

Downunda 04-22-2002 05:52 AM

Who mentioned the cup? [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] - there's no such thing, it got canned, bleh... :D

As for the Reds being in the equation, the Blues still have an outside chance too :yeahrightsmilie: :D
Brumbies, Waratahs, no probs!

When it comes to League, the Warriors are a pretty sad sight after the weekend and the rest are just Aussie teams anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

Don't follow the EPL too much but the Red Team (Man U is it? - don't shoot me if I'm wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) seemed to be doing ok last I saw.

Donut 04-22-2002 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Downunda:

Don't follow the EPL too much but the Red Team (Man U is it? - don't shoot me if I'm wrong [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) seemed to be doing ok last I saw.

[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img]

Downunda 04-22-2002 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Downunda:

[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]no? :D

Donut 04-22-2002 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Downunda:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Downunda:

[img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]no? :D </font>[/QUOTE]No! The team in red that is doing well is Arsenal. 1 point clear with a game in hand and in the FA Cup Final.

Davros - sorry about spamming your thread with talk of real sport. :D