Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Halbard misused weapon of the year?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73455)

georgecarnell 02-11-2002 03:08 PM

haldards r such wicked weapons....soo misunderstood

whoo needs spears when u hav a halbard!

halbard wicked weapon who has ever used 1??

Sir ReGiN 02-11-2002 03:11 PM

Well, I've hit a guy with a baseball bat once, in an accident of course, if that counts :confused:
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Beaumanoir 02-11-2002 03:13 PM

Please Tell Me Your Talking About In A Game!! :D I Can't Tell Which One Tho Cos Ure In The GD Forum!!

Sigmar 02-11-2002 03:33 PM

I prefer axes, so much easier to decapitate someone with.....we're not talking about a game are we? :D

Beaumanoir 02-11-2002 03:35 PM

LOL, Joking Apart I Did Find A Kickass Axe (Which Looks Like A Halbeard) Today In IWD!! Ahem...

Sigmar 02-11-2002 03:38 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
LOL, Joking Apart I Did Find A Kickass Axe (Which Looks Like A Halbeard) Today In IWD!! Ahem...<hr></blockquote>
Yeah, I vaguely recall IWD having double handed axes and hammers, the double handed axes did look like halberds, I think.

J'aran 02-11-2002 03:42 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PuPpEt_MaStEr:
haldards r such wicked weapons....soo misunderstood

whoo needs spears when u hav a halbard!

halbard wicked weapon who has ever used 1??
<hr></blockquote>

Well, in real life (I assume you're talking about some game, but let's make this a serious argument shall we? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) in real life, spears are a lot faster to swing/thrust and easier to use than halberds. Also, halberds can practically only be used for slashing attacks, which are relatively easy to block, while a good spear can be used for both slashing and thrusting. So I think I personally would go with a spear, as far as polearms are concerned.

Sir ReGiN 02-11-2002 03:42 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sigmar:
I prefer axes, so much easier to decapitate someone with.....we're not talking about a game are we? :D <hr></blockquote>

Axes are so old..
When I want to decapitate someone I bring out the gillioutin!
It's not that heavy, you can easily carry it with you, and if you're going for longer walks you can buy a cart to bring it along with you [img]smile.gif[/img]
I even got one in pocket-size for those annoying little fairies ;)

Sir ReGiN 02-11-2002 03:45 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by J'aran:

Well, in real life (I assume you're talking about some game, but let's make this a serious argument shall we? [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) in real life, spears are a lot faster to swing/thrust and easier to use than halberds. Also, halberds can practically only be used for slashing attacks, which are relatively easy to block, while a good spear can be used for both slashing and thrusting. So I think I personally would go with a spear, as far as polearms are concerned.
<hr></blockquote>

Ah, but you forget about the little spear-like tip of the halberd ;)
The only down-side with that one is that you can't really impale someone that good because the axe is in the way..
But I find it very good to cause serious injuries to larger people's private parts ;)

J'aran 02-11-2002 03:46 PM

Guillotines are nice if you've already subdued your opponent, but for beheading in the middle of a brawl, I have to agree with Sigmar, nothing better than an axe. And BTW, Regin, have you ever actually tried lifting a guillotine? [img]tongue.gif[/img]