Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Could you be permanately invisible?? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59403)

SecretMaster 11-29-2001 07:10 AM

Hmmm, without shadowkeeper, I think you could be able to make your guy permanetly invisible. Just cast invisibility, then import him. Would it work??? Anyone tried this??

Dundee Slaytern 11-29-2001 07:14 AM

Shadowkeeper smadowkeeper, I got a Staff of Magi.

Kaleban 11-29-2001 09:27 AM

Simply use the Staff of the Magi and Cloak of Non-Detection, it'll do for ya.

And despite what some may say (and I have done extensive in-game testing to confirm this) the Cloak of Non-Detection will persevere even if there is an active True Sight going, and if you hit somebody, simply hit your quickslot key (i.e. F2, F3) to re-equip the Staff and get your invisibility back.

You can melee golems like this, as soon as you pop out of invisibility (whether or not you hit them) simply re-equip and they'll never be able to hit you. And if doing enemies like Mind Flayers, go visible long enough to draw them out one by one, and then use the "Golem Trick" to avoid any hits. Although cheesy, a Mage/Sorcerer could melee nearly the entire game with the Staff and Cloak, but would need to be careful of opponenets that can see invisible.

Dundee Slaytern 11-29-2001 09:40 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kaleban:
Although cheesy, a Mage/Sorcerer could melee nearly the entire game with the Staff and Cloak, but would need to be careful of opponenets that can see invisible.<hr></blockquote>

And then he/she shows off his/her true powers and blast away said opponents with an arsenal of spells. ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

andrewas 11-29-2001 04:32 PM

Answering the original question .... theoreticaly, no.

remember, that handy immunity to +1 weapons you pick up is added on in the affects section of your character, the same place as invisibility, and that gets stripped away when you import the character. anyway, youd lose the invisibility when you normally lose it - as in when you attack, invisbility purged etc etc etc.

oh and a mage meleeing the entire game is just so wrong.

Kaleban 11-29-2001 04:36 PM

Well, people ask about solo challenges, and a Melee Mage would be one. Especially if not using the Staff of the Magi. With the Staff, its just so much cheddar...

SecretMaster 11-29-2001 08:44 PM

I knew about the staff, oh well. Thanx anyway

andrewas 11-29-2001 08:49 PM

there is hope however. there must be a permanent invisibility in the game that does not dissapear when attacking. you could shadokeep yourself that. i say must because theres that permanently invisble elemental in the windspear dungeon, that dosent appear until you have a certain item. have no idea how youd find out how to add it though.

SSJ4Sephiroth 11-29-2001 11:00 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrewas:
Answering the original question .... theoreticaly, no.

remember, that handy immunity to +1 weapons you pick up is added on in the affects section of your character, the same place as invisibility, and that gets stripped away when you import the character.

<hr></blockquote>

Really? i kept that resistance to +1... weird...

LennonCook 11-30-2001 03:08 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrewas:
there is hope however. there must be a permanent invisibility in the game that does not dissapear when attacking. you could shadokeep yourself that. i say must because theres that permanently invisble elemental in the windspear dungeon, that dosent appear until you have a certain item. have no idea how youd find out how to add it though.<hr></blockquote>

No, this elemental is not permanantly invisible...
U can see it either with that item, or with true sight...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2017 Ironworks Gaming TM & The Great Escape Studios - All Rights Reserved