Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Most useful spells (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54388)

Cybaslasher 06-09-2001 03:33 PM

What are the most useful spells in BGII? Thanx.

Accord 06-09-2001 03:55 PM

Mage: Magic Missiles, Resist Fear, Flame Arrow, Improved Invisibility, Breach, Lower Resistance, Mislead, Power Word Silence, True Seeing, Spell Sequencers, Spell Trigger, Abi Dalzim's Horrid Wilting, Chain Contingency, Spell Strike

Cleric/Druid: Remove Fear, Holy Smite/Unholy Blight, Zone of Sweet Air, Protection from Evil 10', Negative Plane Protection, Mass Cure, True Seeing, Aerial Servant, Bolt of Glory, Conjure Animal, False Dawn, Earthquake, Sunray, Greater Restoration, Call Woodland Being, Insect Plague, Creeping Doom, Conjure Fire Elemental

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!

Kerlyssa 06-09-2001 05:50 PM

Mage: Chromatic Orb, Magic Missile, either Invisibilty, any of the spell protection removers, spell sequencers, Contigency and Chain Contingency, Aganazzar's Scorcher and lower resistence, and all the summoning spells.

Clerics and Druids: Protection from evil 10, Sunray, Insect Plague, and all the summoning spells and healing spells.

Well, actually, half or more of the spells are 'needed' at some point in the game...those are just the ones I used most.

Staralfur 06-09-2001 05:53 PM

Depends on how you play. If you power game everything, the more damaging ones are best. If you prefer to use more subtle methods different spells are more useful.

Black Knight 06-09-2001 09:45 PM

For me, it more of a combo thing. Web and entangle with some type of range damage, like fireball, works well...

BK

E`bola 06-10-2001 12:42 AM

Yes
Web and Cloud Kill or Death Fog are best

------------------
mostly harmless

Zateel 06-10-2001 12:54 AM

Magic Missile, Breach, and Cure Serious Wounds and that's all you need. Everything else can be fixed with a sword.

Haddar - Servant of Talos 06-10-2001 12:55 AM

Well, I think much depends on if you play your spellcaster solo or with a party. I think, for example, that "mass cure" is quite unnecessary when I only have one guy (me) in my party. I also play the spell "skull trap" near me more often when solo, even though I also take damage. But since I'm the only one in my "party", it's not a big deal, 'cause I usually don't take any other damage. And with the Ring of Gaxx, WHO CARES!

sunder 06-10-2001 12:56 AM

Yep, depends on what mage you play.

Cloudkill and Death Cloud work wonders on alot of opponents, especially enemy groups.
Any summoning spells are excellent also, Mordainken's sword is a great summoned item.
For my fighter/mage, Tenser's transformation just rules. Drops my AC by 4, doubles my hp, and raises my attacks. Makes me a cutting machine.