Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Oh THAT sucked.. (New forum that is) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50051)

Ziroc 01-09-2001 11:50 PM

Geez, here is what happened:

Everytime someone did a search, posted, logged in as new etc is created a new instance of perl.exe in the event log, and in memory. It was getting slower and slower because the server was out of memory.
I think I know what to do, so just use this board for the rest of the week, I really was depressed to see this
happen, when I worked SO %$%#@ hard on a smooth transition

Ah well! Hey, if it seems slow on THIS forum, email me asap. (I doubt it will though)

Sorry guys, give me a few days!!

Ziroc

Sylentz 01-10-2001 12:16 AM

That might explain why I couldn't get the new BG forum to load up...
no worries, we will just stick with this for the moment

Ladyzekke 01-10-2001 12:21 AM

Glad to be back on any board, old or new. I myself am grateful that you kept the old board so we weren't all lost! Good luck with your work on the new board. I think I can speak for all of us in saying please, take your time, we can be happy on this old board until then. We're all behind you!

Yorick 01-10-2001 12:27 AM

It was like being banned from the beach or a favourite club or something. At least some of us were able to email each other and find comfort in the fact that we were not suffering alone (sob).

I registered when there were only 2 other users registered. By the time I'd registered and and finshed a message there were six of us, and then my password wouldn't validate. All downhill from there.......

I'm glad we've got this board back though. (Whew)

G.W. 01-10-2001 12:36 AM

Hmm, pretty bad. Anyway, there's no link to the old forums, could you restore one for those who don't have it shortcutted?

Ziroc 01-10-2001 12:50 AM

All links have been changed back to this forum. I'm glad that I kept this forum up

Ziroc
Ironworks Gaming

Memnoch 01-10-2001 02:14 AM

So are we!!!

No worries Z, whenever you're ready...

Hey do we have to all reregister?

Armisael 01-10-2001 02:23 AM

Be funny if some smartass came along and took all our names... LOL.

Sylentz 01-10-2001 05:10 AM

funny you should mention that actually...
last night I tried to register on the new bb, and it said something like...
"Sorry, someone has already registered that username"...
I thought, "Damn it, who would do such a thing, and there are only 35 users too!"
but with a little further experiment, I discovered that I was given this message no matter which username I used...
funny, I dont know why the error occured, but anyway

Ziroc 01-10-2001 05:43 AM

Oh geez, what a weird bug that would be funny though. hehe..

I'm working on this new forum again, I don't know folks, if I can't find out why its sucking the resources, I may have to delay the 'new' board for a bit. I THINK I can fix it, but I can't promise anything

I'm going to try the .dll version of perl, then another thing.. maybe one will work!! (hope)

Ziroc
Sleepy.. uh, I mean 'webmaster'.. yeh..