Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The give Moiraine a hug thread (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49908)

Moiraine 01-05-2001 12:41 AM

Thanks to all of you !

You have transformed what started to be a very bad day to a day full of nice surprises !
I did not know I had so many friends ! Even friends I did not know, like Ramon or Black Knight !

I am going home now, I will pass some of the hugs to my son (he needs them too, but he does not speak English yet - he is only 9).

Oh, his name is not Lan (LOL), his name is Marc (in French, so it must be Mark in English I guess, but everyone calls him Marco).
Why this name ? I told you I was rather chaotic, so I chose a name that NOBODY had suggested !

And again, merci beaucoup a tous !

Yorick 01-05-2001 09:38 AM

Hey lads, this is a thread for posting Brotherly hugs of support for Moiraine.
As per the 'dissapointment' thread she and her son had a close call on a mountainous and treacherous road today.

I for one one would hate something to happen to one of us and have no-one else know. This won't solve that problem but we CAN give a bit of support.

I love this board and the friendly - sometimes firey contributors - and I'm glad Moiraine's still around to be one of them.

(Gives Moiraine a HUGE brotherly hug)

bazz1234 01-05-2001 09:52 AM

Well i have only just joined this little community! only had the game about 11 days or somthing, but so far i have found that all of you have been really friendly. All of my questions have been answered and everyone seems nice.

So although i do not know you all that well, i am always up for Hugz!

and assuming you are not talking about the poor moiriane that was pushed though a Ter'angreal in the Wheel of Time (she will be back, if lanfear can do it, she can!!!!)

*another big hug for moiraine*

Bazz

Moiraine 01-05-2001 09:58 AM

Oh, I am confused !

And happy though, this is very nice of you ! A thread for me !

You see, I was right to go to work after all !

And, do not start to worry each time one of us stops posting for some time, though. It may be his computer who died. Or a professional trip. Or a holiday without electricity.

Yorick 01-05-2001 10:09 AM

That's my point. We'd assume one of those mentioned scenarios and never know if something DID happen. Just a consequence of it being a virtual villiage that's all.

Hey welcome Bazz (don't think we've 'spoken' before have we?) good on you bro.

Moiraine 01-05-2001 10:11 AM

Bazz1234,

My pseudo kind of came up from just this Moiraine. If I had chosen Nynaeve, half the guys on the board would have refused to even talk to me ! I was also tempted by Polgara, but frankly, I am not impressive enough or tall enough) !

And yes, the original Moiraine will be back, although I am starting to worry about the whole series, as each new book gets more and more complex ...

Memnoch 01-05-2001 10:21 AM

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you and your son are okay!

Arak 01-05-2001 11:22 AM

Ack!!

I had one of them close calls on an iceroad once, took me totally ofguard, dang and i didnt even hit anything. Sure hope you and youre son be alright.

*loads of HUGS for Moiraine*

Ramon 01-05-2001 11:41 AM

Hi Moiraine,

it sure seems that there are still a lot scarier things out there than facing a lich or two !

So even though "we have not 'talked' to each other before" directly, either - to quote your special friend on this board - here is a big hug from me, too.

Also, just from reading your posts, you have long become one of my favourite board members, anyway. Your posts just have this special personal touch !

I am a little envious of you, too ! Dangerous
icy mountain roads aside, spending the winter
in the Alpes - even in a big city - must be much nicer than having to spend it here in Cologne where I live. Here in the lowland winter is just a long drag: cold enough to be
a bother, but not cold enough to have more than just a little snow, so no chance for winterwonderland scenarios, instead lots of cold winds and rain. To sum it up: from October to April it is more like one eternal autumn - sigh !

So, take care and enjoy every bit of winterwonderland you can get,

Ramon

BLACK KNIGHT 01-05-2001 11:47 AM

I hope you and your son (his name isn't Lan is it?) are okay. Best Wishes from my family to yours.